Fleet Management - VP, Financial Reporting, Toronto
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Element Fleet Management (TSX: EFN) is a leading global fleet management company, providing world-class management services and financing for commercial vehicle and equipment fleets. Element’s suite of fleet management services span the total fleet lifecycle, from acquisition and financing to program management and remarketing – helping customers optimize performance and improve productivity.
For more information, visit http://www.elementfleet.com.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the SVP, Finance, the Vice President, Financial Reporting will oversee all matters relating to financial accounting, including, compliance with IFRS and all accounting policy and governance. This individual shall oversee all functions related to financial reporting and disclosure issues and be a strong resource for various internal and external stakeholders. This individual will also take responsibility for accounting in highly technical areas, such as hedging, share-based compensation, other comprehensive income, investment and equity accounting, as well as being involved in acquisitions and structured transactions.
- Oversee all reporting functions ensuring the accurate and timely dissemination of financial information including, but not limited to, internal and external financial reporting, accounting and related policies and practices, under US GAAP and IFRS, as appropriate
- Primary responsibility for accounting policies at the group and subsidiary level
- Deliver financial advice and research for the impact of accounting and regulatory requirements as related to on-going and new business transactions, including complex accounting and business transactions
- Manage the external audit process and cultivate and maintain the positive relationship with external auditors
- Oversee all accounting and reporting for the Company’s subsidiaries
- Proactively monitor, research, and communicate developments in financial reporting relating to disclosure & financial policy under both US GAAP and IFRS and assess any impact to current results, business plans (including client impact) and strategies
- Review potential acquisitions (due diligence) and formulate integration plans for reporting acquired assets / businesses
- Manage valuations processes (actuarial / goodwill) to ensure accuracy & achievement of business objectives
- Liase with human resources on the administration of compensation plans
- Interact with tax department to ensure that all tax related matters are accurately recorded
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to a small finance team
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President, Financial Reporting:
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Consults widely for business or technical advice, probes for facts and obtains information from a wide variety of sources; Differentiates the critical from the irrelevant or trivial.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Makes an immediate positive impression upon others. Has presence and commands respect. Comes across with force and quickly establishes credibility. Accurately predicts the effects of own words and actions. Makes an immediate positive impression upon others.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Commerce or Administration with CPA or equivalent designation;
- 10- 15 years of progressive, hands-on experience in financial management with increasing responsibilities
- Experience with international accounting, taxes, contracts
- Financial services industry experience is highly desired
- Experience working in highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced and demanding environments; experience working in a publicly traded company
- An analytical, detail oriented, team player that adapts well to change
- Ability to work independently and multi-task under pressure
- Presents quick decision-making skills
- Exhibits high standards of business and personal ethical conduct
- Deep understanding of complex financial instruments such as derivatives, swaps, and hedges
Remuneration & Benefits
- A generous compensation package commensurate with experience will be discussed with serious and qualified candidates.
For more information, please contact
416-365-9494 Ext. 233