Financial Services - VP - Audit, Finance, SSG and Tax Technology Solutions
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the company
Headquartered in Toronto, our client is a major global financial institution with over 85,000 employees around the world.
Job Description / Accountabilities
The successful candidate is responsible for representing the technology teams, driving technology initiatives and is jointly accountable with the business partners to design, build and support the technology for Audit, Finance, Strategic Sourcing and Tax. This role will report to the VP Finance and Risk Technology Solutions.
The general accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and manage all Technology for Audit, Finance, SSG and Tax efforts across the organization. In 2015, this executive will be responsible for the delivery of $40mm in project and support activities.
- Work with senior business leaders to ensure our solutions are functionally aligned with requirements and that a fit for purpose solution is designed.
- Responsible for the delivery of required technology components on time and within approved funding.
- Be a single point of contact for all Audit, Finance, SSG and Tax technology. Build strong relationship with ITS, Architecture, TRMIS and other delivery partners
- Manage a large diverse technology team responsible for business analysis, solution design, technical analysis and operational support.
- Directly manage the delivery of any central technology delivery including design, development, testing and deployment.
- Build and maintain a high performing team, ensuring adequate and appropriate resources are available to execute the work program.
- Implement and execute strong technology governance and oversight, in line with PM methodologies
- Manage all technology vendor relationships. Streamline and consolidate vendor management to drive down costs.
- Ensure work is performed in an efficient manner, taking opportunities to reduce cost through process improvement and unit costs reduction. Provide meaningful financial insight to the CIO and manage the department cost centre with a high degree of transparency.
- Ensure cost centres are fully recovered and that all financial objectives of the group are met
Knowledge and Skills Required
This is a senior role with high expectations; the ideal candidate should have over 15 years of experience in a large and complex program delivery, preferably within the context of financial institutions. The incumbent should have significant experience with Audit, Finance, SSG and Tax domains including ERP solutions such as Oracle and Peoplesoft.
- History of delivering impact and results within groups and organizations, developing and executing on strategies to deliver both short term and long term results
- Motivated to constantly striving to find innovative ways to simplify the solution set and reduce costs.
People Leadership and Influence
- Proven leadership – the ability to work in multiple teams, manage stakeholders at varying levels within the organization and align leadership
- Experienced in leading and building effective teams and delivering superior results in both the short and long term
- Ability to motivate, develop, inspire and empower others to proactively adapt to changing environments
- Promote positive inter-team interactions and bring a high level of enthusiasm to projects
- Extensive experience in leading and designing complex data-intensive applications.
- Extensive functional and technical knowledge of banking processes, systems and methods for delivery
- Experienced implementing solutions across multiple LOBs and channels.
- Experience with both in-house development and COTS implementations
Relationship Building and Communications
- Extensive experience in business writing and generating solid project deliverables
- Excellent client relationship skills at the project leadership level, demonstrated effective teamwork, and a track record of consistently exceeding goals
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at senior levels, build deep relationships with various business groups
- Experienced with working in both a technical and business context and able to translate technical concepts into easy to understand business language
- Broad exposure to and understanding of the responsibilities, needs and operations of corporate functions
- Technology portfolio management and optimization is required
- Highly motivated self-starter with a proven track record in managing and delivering against complex projects
- Demonstrated relationship building, people management and leadership skills with a superior ability to make things happen through influence and by nurturing key partnership relationships
- Demonstrated ability to successfully function in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior demonstrated people management skills
- A proven strategic planner, change agent and advocate able to balance business realities, regulatory expectations and leading industry practices
- Ability to think “out of the box” to define and deliver technology and related process solutions that deliver maximum benefit and efficiency
- Ability to vision, lead and deliver innovative and integrated (technology, people and process) solutions
- Superior multi-tasking skills and ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented, complex environment
- Ability to synthesize, simplify and communicate complex information and theoretical concepts to all levels of the organization
- Ability to operate in an evolving, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Leadership of cross functional teams
- University degree
- MBA is considered an asset