Financial Services – Vice-President – Securities Firm, Toronto
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our Client is a Toronto-based boutique investment banking firm which focuses on providing financial and advisory services to small to medium sized growth businesses. The business consists of two divisions; Our client’s Securities Group and a Solutions Group, both of which offer unique services to support the firm's investors and entrepreneurs.
Our client’s Securities group is registered with the Ontario Securities Commission as an Exempt Market Dealer and specializes in raising capital from accredited investors for private placements in real estate developments, technology start-ups and high growth companies.
Our client’s Solutions group is a corporate finance advisory firm which focuses on finding the right financing solutions for our entrepreneurs.
The firm's mission is to match the financing needs of entrepreneurs with the objectives of various sources of capital. Its vision is to be the leading investment banking firm for small to medium size businesses.
Scope of Position
Our client continues to grow. Serving that growth now requires the addition of a senior individual to join the firm in a newly created role, that of VP Securities.
- Collaborating with the Senior Management Team to develop short and long-term strategic plans, including the preparation of annual business plans
- Leading the outbound sales team in developing and securing commitments from accredited investors in support of our client’s Securities offerings
- Coaching and mentoring the sales team to lead and manage complex sales cycles involving sophisticated stakeholders
- Working directly with sales team on major presentations and business development opportunities to ensure the highest likelihood of success; cultivating 'solutions' thinking throughout
- Personally building and managing a small group of senior accredited high net worth investors, providing them the appropriate resources, care and attention.
- Monitoring, managing and driving financial results including: achieving revenue and budget targets; conducting regular analysis on sales effectiveness and recurring trends; monitoring and reporting on sales forecasts and weekly and/or monthly status reports
- Coaching and development including: Managing the activities and performance of all the sales professionals; performance management; training and development; managing sales performance against corporate objectives and market developments
- Advising senior management on segmentation of accredited investors, feedback from the marketplace as well as appetite for specific types of opportunities so that the deal generation can be aligned to demand
- Assessing and improving formal processes pertaining to sales and account management practices including CRM
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate
The following competencies listed below define the role of - Vice President at our client.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 7+ years business development and sales management experience preferably related to the financial industry.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring experience and skills
- Hands-on leadership style – i.e. leading from the front
- Track record of driving results in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Above average strategic, communications and influencing skills
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base plus variable compensation program.