Financial Services - Vice-President, Commercial Lines Actuarial Pricing
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a leading property and casualty insurance company providing home, automobile, leisure/lifestyle and business insurance to million of customers globally.
A well-known employer of choice, our client’s brand extends to superior customer service and experience both via its extensive brick-and-mortar network and its continually evolving digital capabilities.
An exciting leadership opportunity exists to drive our client’s aggressive growth agenda in its commercial lines business.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the SVP, Commercial Business, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the development of pricing strategies and analytics to continuously enhance the company’s competitiveness and success in the Canadian marketplace.
Working with a strong team of actuaries and field underwriters, the role will be accountable to lead the analysis, design and development of both current and new business segment rating algorithms and pricing tools that will support our field underwriting teams across Canada.
The appropriate combination of segment mix, pricing sophistication and underwriting expertise will both improve and grow a profitable book of commercial lines business.
As the lead actuary for Commercial Lines, the role is also accountable for governance and controls related to maintaining technical pricing standards, ensuring economic capital requirements are met, and key pricing KPIs such as rate indications are met.
The successful candidate will work with global peers and all internal Canadian stakeholders in delivering on the mandate.
Duties & Responsibilities
Thought Leadership in Analytics and Pricing
- Lead the development and communication of Commercial Lines pricing strategies to all stakeholders
- Work with global peers and partners in continuously improving analytic and pricing sophistication in commercial lines
- Engaging, coaching and mentoring a team of actuaries in delivering its mandate
- Building the capability of both the direct and indirect team, ensuring effective growth and succession of talent
- Recruitment, selection, orientation, and general management of the team
- Enhance the partnership between pricing and underwriting
- Work collaboratively in establishing priorities for change
- Establish partnerships with key stakeholders to facilitate the effective delivery of strategies and initiatives
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Fellow of a recognized actuarial organization (CAS, CIA)
- 15 plus years of experience, including rate-making, reserving, risk management – ideally in commercial lines
- Demonstrated leadership effectiveness – ability to lead and inspire teams and organizations
- Strong communication skills, including the explanation of complex concepts to a lay audience
- Strong project management skills
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary, variable compensation along with other compensation.