Financial Services - Head of Guidewire
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the company
Our client is one of largest banks in North America by branches and serves over 22 million customers in three key businesses operating in a number of locations in financial centres around the globe:
- Canadian Retail
- U.S. Retail
- Wholesale Banking
Reporting to a Vice President of Information Technology for Insurance, the successful candidate will oversee a team IT professionals responsible for the overall design, delivery and management of the company’s Guidewire platform. More specifically, this role will:
- Lead a diverse team of 150 IT professionals (e.g. Development, Support teams and/or Business Systems Analysts. Technology Project Managers, etc.,) in the delivery of a multi-year, $180MM platform implementation program, acting as the key interface with the Insurance business executive team, internal partners and key stakeholders in assessing scope, planning and delivering optimal technology solutions in pursuit of business / program objectives.
- Develop technology work direction and oversee the end to end delivery of technology solutions or services for the Insurance General Insurance business, with a clear focus on strategic planning, schedule management, scope, change and issues management, and delivery
- Act as the primary technology relationship management partner by working closely with business management and leadership teams to define innovative and comprehensive IT solutions that meet business objectives and evolving business needs
- Ensure strong communication, stakeholder management and client relationships are maintained to ensure successful delivery of technology solutions
- Manage day to day project activities for multiple resources and oversee delivery from multiple capability teams
- Partner with businesses in developing business cases, RFI/RFP, contracts, service level agreements, etc. consistent with business objectives and technology standards/architecture
- Assist in the assessment of the scope and risk of projects and provides input into development of project plans, developed and owned by project managers
- Provide regular status review of all ongoing development and project activities to ensure optimal demand management processes in place
- Foster a cohesive team environment within own team and across the delivery team as a whole
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and the team
- Manage the integration of all systems, projects and technical interfaces to ensure a high level of service and support to stakeholders and efficient application operation
- Ensure alignment with business strategy and provide oversight to the team and stakeholders for relevant application lifecycle management by gathering information on maintenance costs, business value and quality measures
- Maintain strong knowledge of the competition, customer and industry trends and technology innovation and emerging trends; identify opportunities for research and suggest solutions as appropriate
Key Competency Profile
Candidates should exhibit the following competency profile.
- Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately
- Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner
- Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience
- Adapts management style to achieve optimum results
- Clarifies roles and responsibilities
- Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction
- Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change
- Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives
- Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results
- Recognizes when change is necessary
- Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision
- Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances
- Takes a long-term view of organizational success
- Works to clarify long term organizational goals
- Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively
- Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others
- Mobilizes people into action
- Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view
Key Candidate Qualifications
- Experience implementing Guidewire using an Agile methodology.
- Experience leading large-scale technology implementation projects in adherence with delivery practices and standards, and project management disciplines - including creation of project documentation of system requirements, estimates of scope and cost
- Effective stakeholder relationship management
- Undergraduate degree or technical certificate, graduate degree, preferred.
- This role can be located in Toronto, Montreal or Waterloo
Our client is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. They are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of their customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
Our client is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, they will work with you to meet your needs.