Financial Services – Vice President Data & Analytics - Canada
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client’s role as a financial services institution is to enhance Canada’s capacity for international trade. Each year the company helps more than 7,000 Canadian companies and their global customers in up to 180 markets worldwide. Much of that success is driven by a culture that invites diversity, rewards excellence and values development. Our Client is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
As Vice President, Data & Analystics, it means your decisions can affect the bottom line of Canada’s exporters; your expertise can guide their strategies and your ideas can shape their plans. Each day brings new challenges, requiring the best of your skills, ideas and innovative thinking. You will build relationships with some of the brightest and most talented minds in Canada and around the world as you work together to support the success of our clients.
Scope of Position
We are looking for an experienced and innovative leader to take our data and analytics capabilities to the next level as part of our digital business strategy. As part of the senior leadership team, the VP will manage a rich and complex proprietary data environment spanning the following domains: economics and markets, customer analytics and digital marketing, risk underwriting across multiple product lines, counterparty and compliance, portfolio and capital management, financial reporting and accounting.
Reporting to the SVP Strategy and Innovation, the VP will be accountable for data strategy, architecture, governance and delivery of all the capabilities required for effective enterprise data management. The VP will bring a good balance of business and technology skills and the ability to foresee how we can leverage our rich data sets as strategic assets to create compelling incremental value for our customers and to optimize our business operations.
The VP is skilled in both architecting and executing data solutions at the enterprise level. The VP will guide our client’s journey to a modern data foundation based on their prior experience in building data lakes and using the latest generation of tools for data discovery, preparation, virtualization and visualization.
The VP will refine our client’s data architecture, applying master and meta data practices, and roll out enhanced data governance and quality assurance programs complying with privacy laws and ethical practices. The VP will be the data conscience of the organization and work with others to instill a data driven culture. To support this objective, the VP can communicate complex data considerations in simple and compelling business terms.
The VP will also evolve our client’s analytics capabilities and define and build an appropriate analytics operating model to meet our client’s current and future needs across a wide range of data domains. The VP should be an expert in various analytics and modelling techniques and conversant in big data techniques and can demonstrate how to leverage them to create business value.
Preferred Expereince / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A minimum of 15 years of related work experience
- A minimum of 10 years of successfully leading teams responsible for data and analytics
- Undergraduate degree in a related field
- Practice experience in the fieled of data and analystics with a strong business understanding of how to levereage data
- A provden track record of managing a complex enterprise data environment - architecting and executing data solutions at the enterprise level
- A broad understanding of trends in the financial industry, insurance and the regulatory environment
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels of the organziation
- Ability to present ideas in a clear, succinct and organized manner
- A strong team-oriented leader, who can gain the trust of colelagues quickly, build strong relationships within the organization, instil a clture of partnership with other areas of the business, and develop a spirit of collegiality and engagement.
- A visionary leader with business acumen and sound, common-sense business judement and strategic insight with a demonstrated ability to champion change in an organization.
- Capability to come up with the next great breakthrough; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple futures; can both create and bring exciting ideas to the market.
- Manages diverse relationships - relates well to a wide variety of diverse styles; open to differences; effective up, down, sideways, inside, and outside; builds diverse networks; quick to find common ground; customer centric.
- Financial institution experience
- It is an asset to be bilingual in both offical languages, however we encourgae both bilingual and unilingual candidates to apply
If interested, please contact:CATHERINE PAN DIRECTOR RESEARCH GROUP firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 592 4145 EXT 223