Financial Services - Development Manager, Structured Products (MUREX) - Toronto
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is one of Canada’s Largest Pension funds with assets in excess of $100 billion.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Capital Markets Technology, the Manager is accountable for the delivery and support of the structured products trading system: Murex.
More specifically the Manager will be responsible for:
- Working in collaboration with Public Market Investments (PMI), Investment Finance and Investment Risk Management to design, deliver and support end to end derivatives processes and systems from booking to settlement.
- Managing and evolving the Murex platform to enable the investment departments to trade structured products in a scalable and efficient manner.
- Contributing to advancing the effectiveness and integration of the trading systems into our client’s business processes and contributing to enable efficient business processes.
- Building and retaining a team of high-integrity, high-performance and partnership-focused professionals aligned to the business needs of the organization.
- Developing strong relationships with multiple partners across the client, and aligns the objectives of the Information Services and Public Market Investments (PMI).
- Managing a team focused on enabling trading by PMI, the Capital Markets trading desk department.
- Managing the vendor relationship with a strategic partner that provides Murex consulting expertise for large projects.
- Partnering with the investment departments to design and implement the business processes required to support new trading activities including the configuration of the Murex system and supporting business activities from trade booking through to settlement.
- Planning (day to day) and long term activities related to the derivatives trading platform (Murex) and provides direction to the members of the team.
- Analyzing complex trading and settlements requirements for derivatives and cash products and proposes solutions for handling these products efficiently.
- Independently developing and executing technical project specifications, plans, schedules, and documentation.
- Assisting in the development of, identifies inefficiencies in, and recommends changes to IS practices, procedures, and approaches to service PMI trading.
- Independently conducting studies of new technologies for possible implementation and makes purchase/deployment recommendations.
- Working extensively with both IS staff and end-users to provide support and maintenance of our client’s rapidly growing environment. Conveys and implements a forward thinking and partnership focused perspective.
- Ensuring confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data. Identifies potential threats to our client’s infrastructure environment and brings them to the attention of the Information Security Officer.
- Works with 3rd parties, internal development teams and PMI to acquire, deploy and support production systems.
- Responsible for the configuration of products in the Murex platform in partnership with Investment Finance to enable new products and business activities.
Creates strong partnerships with internal client groups. Anticipates clients' needs. Monitors and acts on measures of client satisfaction. Understands the clients’ needs and how those fit within the broader technology framework and can craft solutions in an appropriate time. Works closely with clients applying business oriented technology expertise.
Can alter own perspective and behaviour in order to adjust to changing demands and plans. Open to change and readily adopts new methods in the face of shifting priorities and ambiguity. Quickly adapts to new situations and approaches.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view.
Aims to improve upon past performance. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them. Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met.
Analytical / Problem Solving
Develops several explanations or alternatives. Divides problems into their individual elements. Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Preferred Experience and Education
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting and enhancing derivatives trading and accounting processes using the Murex platform.
- Experience in fast-paced capital markets environment is a must to properly fulfill this mandate.
- Ideal candidates will have at least 7-10 years of experience with at least four to five years managing a diverse portfolio of applications through a team of managers.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Financial Engineering or related field.
- Industry designations including Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and Canadian Securities Course (CSC) are an asset.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and experience in managing activities across departments and teams