Entertainment - Director Business Analysis and Project Management - Canada
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is an established leader in the entertainment business. This company has deep roots and a rich history in a broad range of entertainment industry products and models. As the industry is now re-inventing itself and experiencing rapid evolution, this company is focused on leading in the global entertainment products distribution industry. The company is achieving great success, through a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions. The company now requires a dynamic and passionate information technology leader that will enable it to stay ahead of the changes by driving a proactive, innovative and highly effective team.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Vice-President IT this Toronto-based Director, Business Analysis and Project Management will provide leadership to a small team of business analysts and project managers that are delivering software solutions into a dynamic business environment.
- Lead and manage a team of Business Analysts in support of business needs and initiatives
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand and gather business requirements and facilitate the determination strategies and solutions to address those needs, provide insight and expert advice
- Analyze business requirements and prepare detailed user requirement specifications including user interface requirements
- Advocate for client need and monitor client satisfaction levels
- Ensure coordination of development efforts
- Manage and ensure testing is carried out appropriately and ensure solutions meet project guidelines and business requirements
- Work collaboratively with team members and IT management to prioritize and organize projects
- Manage assigned projects according to defined processes, including scheduling development/implementation of solutions to meet business requirements according to overall IT priorities
- Ensure that project resources adhere to the defined schedule, priorities and processes
- Maintain knowledge and documentation for current tools, technologies and methodologies
- Perform the role of 2nd level support for assigned business applications – manage incidents according to defined IT processes, within the prescribed SLAs
- Responsible for directing, motivating, developing and managing the performance of the business analysis team.
- Flag chronic/recurring incidents and issues with systems and devise strategies to rectify the root causes of such issues.
- Five or more years of business analysis or project management experience.
- Experience leading a small team is highly desirable.
- A strong grasp of business processes as it relates to finance, planning, purchasing and distribution.
- A degree in business would be highly advantageous as would a PMP designation or a CBAP designation.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment; Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Quickly adapts to new situations and approaches; Open to change and readily adopts new methods in the face of shifting priorities and ambiguity; Can alter own perspective and behaviour in order to adjust to changing demands and plans.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner; Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience; Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work; Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified; Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks; Develops plans that anticipate obstacles; Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.