Enterprise S/W - General Manager
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a highly successful, publicly traded enterprise software company which provides powerful business solutions to several large vertical markets. The company’s mission is to deliver the highest value to its clients using unparalleled industry solutions based on advanced proven technologies and feature-rich enterprise suite of applications. The firm boasts an excellent reputation for long-term profitable growth and as an employer of choice.
Currently, as part of the launch of a new generation of products, the firm is seeking to augment its executive management team with the addition of a General Manager to drive one of its business units, a profitable $10mm per year enterprise software entity based in Toronto.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, the General Manager will leverage the division’s strong team, culture and technology base to scale the organization to its sizable potential. This shall include the refinement and execution of both short and long-term corporate goals of the organization.
- Evaluate, develop, direct and execute effective sales plans and strategies consistent with the company's overall strategic objectives. Lead in the preparation and achievement of the company's annual sales budget.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support of the team in all functional areas. Focus the management team to drive the business to increased revenue generation, growth, sector leadership, and ultimately profitability;
- Spearhead the commercial agreements and sustainable relationships with potential customers. Orchestrate the process of effectively positioning the division with partners and end-users.
- Develop, manage and, where appropriate, augment sales staff and infrastructure in order to implement and execute the company's overall sales goals and targets.
- Articulate a compelling story around the division’s products, value proposition and competitive advantage which will be leveraged into a winning position at the customer level.
- Participate as a member of the executive team, providing up-to-date information on the division’s key performance indicators and maintaining a strong relationship with head office
- Prepare timely reports with analysis of key performance metrics. Make recommendations to CEO as required.
- Remain abreast of competitive offerings, pricing and distribution strategies. Make recommendations to ensure positioning of existing technologies is optimized.
- Collect and translate market feedback into a practical product roadmap going forward including a plan for developing and/or partnering in order to secure future additions to the product suite that will ensure ongoing growth and profitability.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Strategic metrics: Ensuring that product offerings and roadmap align with market requirements
- Financial metrics: attainment of revenue and profitability targets through a strong focus on management, costs, processes and revenue growth.
- Team Metrics: Building overall effectiveness of the team along with morale
The following competencies listed below define the role of General Manager at Enterprise S/W -
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Developing & Coaching Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees. Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development. Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities. Adjusts coaching style based on each employee's ability and motivation level.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Proven sales, sales management and operational management experience contributing to the success of an enterprise software vendor
- Demonstrable evidence of a track record distinguished by exceeding expectations
- Proven entrepreneurial/smaller company experience, with appropriate financial and business acumen acquired from scaling an organization with similar characteristics to our client to the next level of growth.
- A facility for the 'people' side of organization-building characterized by a pull rather than push approach to driving change and growth.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package structured to the needs of the successful candidate.