Vice-President Sales - Enterprise Software
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a highly successful Canadian, $50mm per year, publicly traded enterprise software company which provides powerful business solutions to several large vertical markets, primarily across North America. The company’s mission is to deliver the highest value to its clients using unparalleled industry solutions based on advanced proven technologies and feature-rich enterprise suite of applications. The firm boasts an excellent reputation for long-term profitable growth and as an employer of choice.
As our client continues to align its executive capabilities with its successful strategy of acquisitions and aggressive organic growth, it is now seeking to find a Vice-President of Sales.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, and assuming a pivotal position on the management team, the Vice President Global Sales will be responsible for developing, directing and executing the company's sales strategy for both current and future product offerings. Driving top line results, the Vice-President Sales will act as a key sales interface and will be responsible for revenue growth across all customer, geographic and product segments.
The Vice-President Sales will also be tasked with refining the sales process and channel model, and leading the sales team with a demonstrated, hands-on approach while rapidly scaling the company’s sales engine.
- Lead the development/refinement of sales strategies and execute the tactical implementation of the plans across the company’s entire portfolio of products including specific regional strategies.
- Establish sales metrics and KPIs and to develop and implement enhanced sales processes to monitor accurate sales funnels and forecasts. Establish a repeatable sales model incorporating a strong value proposition for the different client markets and geographies.
- Establish compensation, training, and sales incentive programs.
- Oversee the integration and optimization of sales operations of acquired companies into the operational structure.
- Take a major role in major account relationships, closing complex deals and building ongoing partnerships.
- Refine pricing policies, including volume discounts and terms and conditions, for high-profile customers and channel partners.
- Participate in the company’s strategy planning sessions bringing forward innovative ideas and plans in an attempt to bring the company to the next level.
- Assist with corporate positioning and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
- Where appropriate, act as a spokesperson for the company with press and analysts and at industry events.
- Evaluate and improve current strategic alliance agreements, as well as identify and develop new strategic alliances, and enable the channels to close/grow new major customer accounts.
- Identify new product opportunities and contribute to the overall development of product roadmaps for the organization as well as the pricing and positioning of new products in the marketplace.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice-President Sales - Enterprise Software
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A University Degree in Business or Technology. M.B.A preferred
- 10-15 years progressive sales leadership experience with at least 5 years in a senior executive management position with an enterprise software solutions vendor, with revenues in excess of $50mm and large team
- A sophisticated knowledge of how to build and manage large high performing teams.
- A sophisticated understanding or the processes and metrics required for sales success
- A bias for action combined with a hands-on approach and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in mid-sized growth oriented software company would be highly valued
- Highly competitive base, variable and equity package for the successful candidate.