Enterprise Software - VP Base Accounts Sales - Montreal-Toronto
About the Company
Our client is a highly successful, publicly traded Canadian software company that provides powerful enterprise solutions to several large vertical markets, primarily across North America. The company's client base consists of hundreds of mid-size and Fortune 1000 corporations across a range of vertical markets. The firm boasts an excellent reputation for long-term profitable growth and is an employer of choice.
Historically, the company has offered on-premise software licenses, but has successfully moved towards Cloud and SaaS services in recent years. The firm's solutions can be deployed both as an integrated suite or as individual, best-of-breed components.
While the firm’s tremendous growth has been largely organic, it has also completed several key acquisitions, which have added to their portfolio of capabilities.
As the company continues to align its executive leadership capabilities with its successful strategy of aggressive organic growth and acquisitions, it is now seeking to hire a Vice-President, Base Account Sales.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth
- Well established, committed Canadian leadership
- An opportunity to make a real difference
- Diverse, inclusive work-life balance and a healthy work environment
Scope of Position
Due to continued growth, our client is currently seeking a Vice-President, Base Account Sales to nurture the sales potential of their existing client base. The VP will be responsible for the development and execution of sales strategy, while providing input on the development of tailored services. Leading a team of consultative Account Executives, they will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. Through collaboration with other departments, the VP will also identify opportunities for portfolio expansion based on client needs.
Although our client is headquartered in Montreal, the company is willing to consider candidates living in cities with direct flights to Montreal. Frequent travel will be required.
- Develop annual sales plans in support of the organizations strategy and objectives.
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement and directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Ensures communications are coordinated, supports sales plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements.
- Builds, develops and manages a sales team capable of carrying out sales and service initiatives.
- Define base sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Drive greater business value through understanding specific client needs and determining how to strategically position the firm's solutions.
- Ensure that the company's account base is adequately supported by the sales team and Account Executives.
- Leverage Account Executives in order to identify unmet customer needs and opportunities to support their Supply Chain agendas.
- Drive adoption and license utilization across existing customer base through working with Account Executives. The successful candidate will build and maintain strong relationships with multiple contacts within the assigned customers, including their executives.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with company stakeholders in the Sales, Global Services, Marketing and Product Management/R&D teams in order to identify and deliver new solutions to the existing customer base.
- Report weekly progress and discuss sales strategies with the Senior Vice-President, Sales to win new business.
- Meet or exceed team and individual Account Executives assigned quotas;
- Frequent travel to customer locations, user conference, and corporate meetings.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice-President, Base Account Sales:
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Strives for excellence in products, processes and/or services through continued evaluation, enhancement and redefinition of quality standards.
Recognizes when change is necessary. Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives. Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change. Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Developing & Coaching Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees. Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development. Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities. Adjusts coaching style based on each employee's ability and motivation level.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables:
- Executive level sales management and customer success experience in the software industry;
- Experience within mid-seized software company concerns dealing with issues of scaling and growth;
- 15 years relevant work experience in:
- Professional Services and Enterprise Software Sales.
- Supply Chain and complex distribution, 3PL, or healthcare distribution (preferred).
- Strong presentation skills and credibility with C-level executives;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A problem-solving attitude;
- Well demonstrated listening skills;
- Flexibility and enthusiasm.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package for the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777