Enterprise Software/Systems - Head of Global Marketing
About the Company
Our client is a profitable, Canadian intelligent IP software/systems company that provides powerful business solutions to enterprise clients around the world. The company’s mission is to deliver the highest value to its clients, with unparalleled industry specific solutions that are based on their advanced proven technologies and feature-rich enterprise suite of applications, professionally delivered with the breadth and depth of expertise harnessed by their employees. The firm’s commitment to the well-being of its employees, customer satisfaction and trust-based relationships is steadfast and unwavering. The combination promises to maintain our client as an undisputed leader in its field.
Our client is award winning and growing rapidly into new and emerging markets. Managing and leveraging their innovative technologies to their ever-changing markets continues to present significant opportunities for the firm. The marketing aspects of this collective task will be the responsibility of the Vice-President Marketing.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth
- Well established, committed leadership
- An opportunity to make a real difference
- Diverse, inclusive high performing team and a healthy work environment
Scope of Position
The purpose of the position is to lead the growth of our client by increasing end-customer and channel partner demand for its solutions through the strategic management of the marketing function to the firm’s core target markets and geographies.
The position is responsible for setting the marketing strategy and executing the key initiatives and tactics to further our client’s leadership in their highly evolving marketplace. The position includes responsibility for demand generation, integrated marketing campaigns, marketing communications, brand and corporate identity management, online strategy and digital programs, advertising, public relations and trade shows and events.
Success is determined by measurable results for the business and the position requires a broad, pragmatic business perspective combined with a creative, marketing savvy that will allow the company to stand-out among its competition in the marketplace. The candidate must have a proven track record of tactical execution and able to deal with multiple initiatives at the same time. This role works with all global regions. For clarity, this is not only a marketing communications role, but one that covers all elements of marketing with a significant focus on demand generation as the company expands in the marketplace.
The role is ideally Ottawa-based.
- Evaluate, develop, direct and execute effective marketing plans and strategies consistent with the company's overall strategic objectives.
- Work closely with the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, regional Sales Leaders, Product Management and Product Marketing to understand the strategic product direction and target market requirements
- Lead the demand generation efforts across all marketing mix elements and team members responsible for those functions. This includes the leadership of the inside sales function and leveraging their efforts to convert multi-touch campaigns into revenue opportunities for the channel and/or direct touch sale teams
- Develop messaging and unique value propositions and bring them to life via integrated campaigns that rise above the clutter. Significant focus on new product launches and accelerating time to revenue
- Provide guidance and expertise on optimal tactics and promotional vehicles to achieve business objectives
- Work with sales to ensure our marketing communication plans match sales value proposition both globally and regionally
- Lead the use of marketing and sales automation solutions to increase effectiveness of marketing efforts and sales productivity
- Lead and manage the events function including large industry tradeshows, regional roadshows, and channel events. Launch campaigns and products in coordinated efforts at key events and opportunities
- Deliver world-class and compelling content to grow the firm’s share of voice in the market. Continuously evolve the firm’s online presence, keeping in mind key stakeholders (potential and existing customers, partners, employees)
- Manage the overall Marketing budget and the creation of the annual marketing plan
- Work with and lead many external suppliers to accomplish above objectives
- Participate in monthly business reviews with management to ensure alignment and results
- Remain abreast of competitive offerings, best practices, pricing and distribution strategies. Make recommendations to ensure positioning of existing technologies is optimized.
- Ensure that company is represented at relevant external activities such as industry trade shows, customer meetings/presentations and standard body conferences.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be agreed upon with the successful candidate. Corporate measures include bookings, revenues and profitability.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Head of Global Marketing at our client:
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long-term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to situation to achieve optimum results. Develops a high-performing team that delivers in a highly complex organization or situation.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction. Develops high-impact relationships with key external clients, with the ability to envision and advocate a mutually beneficial long-term partnership between the company and the client.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Generates new ideas. Challenges existing assumptions. Goes beyond the status quo. Recognizes the need for new or modified approaches. Brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Proven experience developing lead / demand generation program & strategies for a B2B software or software-related company
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications. MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a high-technology marketing environment at a senior level
- Demonstrated success managing all aspects of Marketing, including marcom, lead generation, tradeshows, branding, and budget
- B2B marketing and technology experience is preferred
- Experience with marketing and sales automation solutions
- Ability to understand basic technology value propositions
- Ability to understand business and sales objectives and strategy
- Ability to work collaboratively with executives and build relationships to drive change
- Ability to thrive and achieve results in a dynamic, multi-initiative environment where tactical execution on the candidate’s part is critical to success
- Must be creative, driven and be able to see beyond what competitors are doing
- Highly detail-oriented
- Able to work on multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Capable of handling confidential client and company information
- A self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proactive mindset that anticipates and drives initiatives when necessary
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and ownership over projects and deliverables
- Able to plan and execute the product strategy
- Have proven business and market planning skills
- Established a record of driving market adoption
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package structured to the needs of the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:Bob Hebert StoneWood Group, Toronto Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777 Mob: 416-889-9494 email@example.com