Enterprise SaaS Software - President and CEO
About the Company
Our client is a successful Canadian SaaS software and solutions company that solves ‘big problems’ for selected large vertical enterprise markets. The firm’s solutions boast customers across Canada, the US, Europe and Asia.
Our client’s mission is to deliver the highest value to its customers with transformative industry solutions built on innovative technologies, deep domain knowledge and feature-rich applications. The firm is widely recognized for the robustness of its technologies, ease of use, flexibility and profound impact on client businesses.
Our client is growing, profitable and very well capitalized.
Scope of Position
As part of a planned transition by the current President and CEO, our client is undertaking a search for an executive to lead the company through its next stage of growth. The incumbent leaves a growing, profitable company with solid fundamentals, a superb reputation, high analyst rankings, a large and loyal customer base, a motivated team and a roadmap/strategy for continued growth.
Owning the strategy and driving its execution will be the responsibility of the President and Chief Executive Officer. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President & CEO will lever the company’s positioning, momentum and credibility to significantly accelerate revenues and profits. At the same time, the CEO will aid in analyzing adjacent, new markets and opportunities for longer term growth.
It is expected that the successful candidate will bring a driving, hands-on, ‘lead from the front’ style to that task while nurturing a collaborative culture of excellence.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry positioning and opportunity for growth
- Committed Board of Directors and shareholder base
- Highly entrepreneurial culture
- An opportunity to make a real difference
- Work with the Board of Directors and members of the senior management team to refine the strategic and operating plans, priorities and options.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company to ensure the timely implementation and execution of the business and financial plans.
- Ensure that organizational capacity is in place by which to deliver on the company's plans.
- Architect the organization ensuring that it has in place the human resources, processes and operational capabilities by which to scale and the corporate culture to outperform.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support to the team. Continue to build world-class capabilities. Focus the team to accelerate and drive the growth of the business, new market development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Drive the revenue build process with substantive rapid growth as the goal. Refine and align the sales organization and processes to that goal.
- Maintain, improve, and create senior level relationships with existing and potential customers and strategic partners.
- Ensure operational milestones are met on time, with high quality - and that they meet the cost objectives that are established; report on a monthly as well as a quarterly basis.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends with a view to ensuring that all alliance, acquisition and investment opportunities are considered and the most attractive pursued.
- Lead the expansion of the company business into new high growth verticals. Engage with strategic stakeholders in those markets.
- Report regularly and proactively to the board of directors on results and plans going forward.
- Adapt business model to capitalize on evolving customer needs and new competitive offerings.
- Implement and continually refine a product roadmap that incorporates customer feedback and ensures competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific measures of performance relating to growth, profitability, customer satisfaction, etc. will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
The following competencies listed below define the role of President and CEO:
Imagines future possibilities. Thinks broadly and investigates a wide-range of alternatives in developing a vision for the future. Selects the most promising vision from a range of alternatives and communicates this vision to others.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them. Stays ahead of the noise and sets the tone and agenda daily to drive the management team and employees towards the company’s goals.
Proactive; Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately; Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment; Imagines future possibilities. Thinks broadly and investigates a wide-range of alternatives in developing a vision for the future. Selects the most promising vision from a range of alternatives and communicates this vision to others.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A highly intelligent, strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in leadership capacities with at least five years in a CEO/President role with specific revenue growth responsibilities.
- Previous experience in a SaaS software- based B to B company.
- Track record of working with mid-sized enterprise software companies ($50 to $100mm) driving accelerated revenue growth over extended periods.
- Proven entrepreneurial experience with appropriate financial, market and business acumen in scaling businesses.
- Experience in growing a P&L.
- Strong business development orientation.
- Experience leading a publicly traded company preferred.
- Strong team orientation well-suited to building consensus in a growing concern.
- Toronto-Montreal or Ottawa based or willingness to relocate to one of these cities.
- A charismatic, inspirational leader rather than manager.
- Change management and business transformation experience within fast changing sectors.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base, variable and equity compensation package to the successful candidate
If interested, please contact:Robert Hebert StoneWood Group, Toronto Business: 416-365-9494 Ext. 777 Mobile: 416-889-9494 email@example.com