Enterprise SaaS - Head of Data & FP&A
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Canadian headquartered, our client is a highly successful, enterprise SaaS company serving the needs of a global client base.
The firm boasts a rich tradition of innovation, quality, world class support and an impeccable track record of growth and clear path to profitability. A loyal, committed, skillful and entrepreneurial team make it all possible. The firm is publicly traded and is widely recognized as an employer of choice.
Our client is well established, founder-led and growing rapidly. As the company continues to align its leadership capabilities with its successful strategy of aggressive organic growth, it is now seeking to hire an individual to lead it’s data and financial planning & analysis function.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Finance, the Head of Data & FP&A will have oversight of all forecasting and analytical processes, and shall support all business operations and strategic growth initiatives. S/He will lead the company`s annual budgeting process, long term financial forecasting process, quarterly re-forecast, own all Company metrics dashboards, as well as special projects as assigned from time to time.
The successful candidate will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, executive and senior management financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, and other projects requested by senior management.
This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights to support optimal business decision making.
The Head of Data & FP&A will have very high visibility and influence across the organization, working closely with all members of the executive team.
- Lead and manage the continued development of Management Reporting Systems, Annual Budgeting Systems, Multi-Year Strategic Plan Financial Forecasts
- Prepare relevant quarterly and monthly financial reports and analysis for all levels of management
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, operating expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of variance
- Support FP&A team engagement and provide coaching and supervision to a team with varying levels of backgrounds and experience from Financial Analyst to Director
- Implement and work with Business Intelligence Tools and Dashboard reports
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Prepare presentations to senior management team
The following competencies listed below define the role of Head of Data & FP&A.
Demonstrates critical technical or professional knowledge/skills related to the role. Has thorough knowledge of relevant products, services and methods. Expands technical knowledge/skills and keeps up-to-date in own area of expertise.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Consults widely for business or technical advice, probes for facts and obtains information from a wide variety of sources. Differentiates the critical from the irrelevant or trivial.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- 10+ years’ experience in a financial planning, budgeting and analysis role with increasing responsibility;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business; CPA/CA preferred
- In-depth experience working with budgeting tools such as Clarity, Hyperion Financial Management, SAP or other similar software solutions
- Ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives in a timely manner with a minimal amount of supervision
- Proven ability to make data-driven recommendations with limited amount of information
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with solid business acumen; ability to think strategically about business issues
- Effective consultative and influencing approach, with proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels and functions in the organization
- Experience/comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with conflicting goals
- Experience working for a technology/SaaS company is preferred
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive and innovative compensation package which will be discussed with serious candidates
If interested, please contact
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233