Energy - COO - Toronto
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our Client provides advisory and support services to major corporations and government institutions for natural gas and electricity procurement. They bring a rational, logical and quantitative approach designed to produce reliable, predictable results.
The company was founded in 2001 and has a track record of steady growth, and an industry reputation for credibility, expertise and professionalism. The company's senior staff each have more than 25 years experience in the energy sector.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the Managing Director is the the Company's Chief Operating Officer (COO) and will be responsible for organizational leadership to drive the Company's continued growth. To this end, the Managing Director will be tasked with contributing to the development and guiding the implementation of mid to long-term strategy, ensuring alignment with the Company’s core competencies to facilitate the Company’s profitable growth. The Managing Director also oversees daily operations.
Central to the Managing Director's mandate will be a review, assessment and determination concerning how most effectively to expand the company's service offering, and direct involvement in the Company's business development activities.
- Lead the process of identifying and developing new business.
- Guide day-to-day operations to ensure the delivery of quality service to the company's clients.
- Working with the President/CEO, help refine the vision for the business and set the strategic direction. This will include assessing the company’s existing capabilities, and offerings; the competitive landscape; as well as trends and opportunities for significant growth going forward. The resulting strategic roadmap will define the future business model and product offerings.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan that will enable the Company to double its revenues over the next 5 years.
- Maintain high levels of client satisfaction and retention, and maintain performance relative to the objectioves within the Company's Quality Management System.
- Efficiently manage the Company's operations and resources to optimize profitability.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Managing Director/COO at our client -
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Strives for excellence in products, processes and/or services through continued evaluation, enhancement and redefinition of quality standards.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Makes an immediate positive impression upon others. Has presence and commands respect. Comes across with force and quickly establishes credibility. Accurately predicts the effects of own words and actions. Makes an immediate positive impression upon others.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Imagines future possibilities. Thinks broadly and investigates a wide-range of alternatives in developing a vision for the future. Selects the most promising vision from a range of alternatives and communicates this vision to others.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Impact player who has successfully led a number of strategy development and implementation intitatives.
- Experience in senior management with demonstrated capability in strategic planning, financial management with P&L responsibility, and people management.
- Solid track record of selling and managing the delivery of professional services to senior-level clients in public and private institutions.
- Preferred industry experience includes selling services to at least two of the following sectors: Health Care, Municipalities, Education, Commercial Real Estate, National corporate accounts
- Approximately 15 years of relevant experience together with a university degree in business, finance or engineering.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Commensurate with experience