Emission Control Company - Head of Engineering - Toronto
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a vertically integrated global manufacturer and distributor of emissions control systems and products, focused on the heavy duty diesel and light duty vehicle markets.
Located in Markham, Ontario our client’s manufacturing facility is a leading environmental applications engineering and manufacturing centre producing a full range of EPA and CARB Verified exhaust emissions control solutions. The firm offers a full range of products for OEM, Aftermarket and retrofit markets for the reduction of exhaust emissions of on road, off-road and stationary diesel, gasoline and alternative fuel engines including propane and natural gas. The firm's diesel oxidation catalyst and diesel particulate filter products have been proven in the most severe conditions, including underground and open pit mining, tunneling, cargo handling, industrial and stationary power generation applications, urban transit, school bus and other on and off-road fleets.
Our client’s products help to ensure air quality, productivity, and of course employees health and safety. With recent studies showing that harmful emissions from diesel engines are responsible for severe heart and respiratory diseases, the firm is proud to provide its customers with diesel retrofitting solutions that not only drastically lower toxic emissions, keeping customers safe around their diesel fueled vehicles and equipment, but also reduce the harmful impact on the environment as well.
Scope of Position
The Technical Manager/Director is responsible for the research and development tasks designed to improve the firm's current products while paving the way for new products. In addition, the individual and his/her team will provide technical support for both internal and external customers.
The Technical Manager/Director will employ a range of design and engineering skills and processes to design and shape new products for a variety of applications. balancing innovative engineering design and functional requirements, products will be designed to provide solutions and improvements within the market segment, raising awareness of company offerings. Other duties may include the creation of improvements for existing products and the identification of potential increases in efficiency in product design. The work involves research, design, modeling, testing and production of prototypes for brand new products, or making improvements to existing products. The role demands an in-depth knowledge of materials production processes, market research and commercial awareness.
- System Product Development
- Coordinating with other R & E department heads to achieve company’s goals and objectives as set out by the Leadership Team.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a System Roadmap in response to company’s core strategy and long term company needs.
- Develop, implement and maintain the management of New System / Product Introduction process including the related documentation.
- When required, assist in the product planning and technical research required for new products.
- Assist in product introduction marketing programs and test market coordination with appropriate Marketing personnel.
- Confers with engineers, managers, customers, and others to discuss the project, repare documents, or modify contract schedules.
- Schedules due dates for drawings, specifications, software, technical manuals, and other documents.
- Monitors the status of the project to ensure documentation is submitted according to schedule.
- Reviews and verifies project documents for completeness, format, and compliance with contract requirements.
- Submits project documentation to management for approval, and transmits approved documents to the customer.
- Applying costing and process design strategies in order to position the company in the early stages of project development to increase the probability of success
- Assisting project managers and project engineers in the preparation of project change orders.
- Oversee on and off-site testing of new and existing product.
- Technical Support