THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company Our client designs and manufactures power electronics and has earned a worldwide reputation for delivering reliable, cost-effective electronics solutions and providing outstanding customer service on a global basis.
The firm's rigorous commitment to quality is maintained throughout the design, development and manufacturing process. During development, product integrity is enhanced through a comprehensive test and qualification process that ensures a robust and reliable product in volume manufacturing.
Our client's products are utilized by leading companies to cover a wide range of markets and serve a multitude of industries and applications, including; Telecommunications and Network Systems; Network Infrastructure Equipment and Servers; Computers and Peripherals; Data Storage Systems; Industrial Automation Systems; Medical Electronics Systems; Test and Measurement Equipment; Projection Systems.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the President the Quality Director role will involve providing leadership and expertise pertaining to the established quality systems, enhancement of quality systems, internal and external compliance auditing, and quality and productivity improvement.
This will involve crafting the overall quality vision, setting quality goals, standards and recommending the necessary organizational changes to achieve the required targets. The Quality Director will build consensus among the Senior Management Team (SMT) around a quality culture. He/She will create an environment conducive to continuous quality improvement and implement systems to nurture “Best in Class” quality excellence.
Quality processes will be implemented by the quality team under the guidance and direction of the Quality Director.
- Establish the direction for the development and administration of the organization's quality improvement efforts. Consult with peers on the attitudes and practices of quality throughout the organization to develop an environment of continual improvement in every aspect of the company's products and services. Act as a champion for quality.
- Direct, control and staff the Quality department to ensure appropriate support for execution of Quality plans, systems and processes.
- Establishes Quality Control plans for all product lines in manufacturing and provides training, inspection and verification tools and schedules verification audits to ensure product machining, assembly, testing and manufacturing processes conform to the Quality Control plans and guidelines.
- Establish a supplier quality program with the Supply Chain management team to track Quality of products and on-time-delivery performance of different suppliers. Review such findings periodically with the suppliers to communicate their level of performance and discuss corrective measures as required. Develop metrics for quality and vendor analysis.
- Gain understanding of customer's quality score cards and ensure our client's quality initiatives address, meet and exceed customer quality expectations.
Key Performance DeliverablesIn light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- In light of the identified responsibilities, specific performance metrics will be discussed and agreed upon prior to the successful candidate joining the organization.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Director, Quality:
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Strives for excellence in products, processes and/or services through
continued evaluation, enhancement and redefinition of quality standards.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts. Divides problems into their individual elements. Develops several explanations or alternatives. Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Bachelors /Masters Degree in technical field (P.Eng)
- Member of ASQC or similar professional organization
- Expert knowledge of quality systems EG: ISO, Six Sigma, Lean, etc
- 10 plus years experience working in electronics manufacturing (power electronics plus)
- An understanding of the world of power supply or related custom electronic hardware technologies
- A balance of strategic vision and hands-on experience
- International experience and a willingness to travel
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment while adding systems and processes to enable sustained growth
- Ability to work closely with the President and other members of the SMT and develop a high level of mutual trust
- Autonomous and self motivated with ability to take charge and lead the corporate quality initiative
- 15-20 years progressive career experience in quality field, quality assurance, systems, audit etc within the hi-tech (electronics) manufacturing market sectors
- Demonstrated success implementing corporate quality initiatives
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive base salary + performance bonus and benefits package