Digital TV and IPTV Software - Vice - President Marketing, Canada/USA
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a leading global supplier of digital TV and IPTV software and solutions, marketed to cable MSOs and telecommunications operators (including major Tier 1 operators), as well as Smart TV manufacturers.
Service providers and their video / PayTV offerings face a highly competitive environment and ever-changing business pressures. They need to innovate rapidly and be agile to deliver competitive services that meet changing customer needs. For this they need a next generation platform.
For the past 3 years our client has driven a process to introduce products and a next generation Pay TV platform that enables operators to transition to open environments using technologies like RDK, Cloud, HTML5, etc. This has in turn propelled our client’s growth and established it as a leader in this market. Now, to enable service providers to evolve even faster, innovate quicker and deliver to their customers the solutions needed, our client is transitioning to provide Video Service Providers with a full SaaS based offering. The strategy, positioning, execution and relationships required to capitalize on these opportunities will be the responsibility of the VP of Marketing.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Marketing will be responsible for planning and executing high-impact strategies and marketing programs to promote the firm’s unmatched industry capabilities. The VP of Marketing leads the product marketing and marcomms team and assumes responsibility for the strategic positioning and communication of the company’s product portfolio and their market success. As a result, the VP of Marketing is a key contributor to achieving near-term and long-term objectives.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
- Strong industry and company growth
- Well established, committed leadership
- An opportunity to make a real difference
- Diverse, inclusive, high performing team and a healthy work environment
- Lead Marketing & communications strategy to grow brand, increase awareness and help progress sales initiatives
- Lead product marketing strategy, competitive positioning & pricing
- Scale knowledge and effectiveness of direct sales team and distribution channels. Drive effective prospecting with sales through sales enablement campaigns.
- Lead ‘think tank’ activity around market analysis, company strategy and partner with other members of leadership team to help drive growth
- Execute on marketing plan and programs, through effective management of a team and balance of competing priorities
- Effectively manage networks to support marketing strategy, increase brand awareness and sales; External Influencers (media, analysts, industry organizations – RDK-M/NCTC; Customer Networks; Partners and Suppliers
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support of the marketing team in all functional areas. Focus the marketing team to drive the business to increased revenue generation, growth, sector leadership, and ultimately profitability;
- Own and maintain the annual marketing plan and budget
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Specific performance measures will be agreed upon with the successful candidate. Corporate measures include bookings, revenues and profitability.
The following competencies listed below define the role of VP Marketing at our client:
Big picture strategic thinking to ensure that we clearly think through strategy on the business, communications, product marketing and go-to market to effectively compete, grow and maximize impact of tactics. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Clear thinker that expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Ability to execute effectively, balance priorities and make decisions and choices on priority between competing initiatives and limited resources. Consistently able to make the right decisions that will have the highest impact to achieve the business objectives. Ability to stay connected with the information flow across the organization to be equipped with the benefit of data and understanding of current situation in decision making.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Generates new ideas. Challenges existing assumptions. Goes beyond the status quo. Recognizes the need for new or modified approaches. Brings various perspectives and approaches together, combining them in a creative fashion to implement effective improvements.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Preferred Experience / Education
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Proven experience in leading the marketing function in a fast-moving SaaS related sector leader
- A strategic, clear thinker who can understand the market, competition and help develop strategy and align executive team.
- A seasoned marketing executive and proven ability to identify the key messages that align with strategy, ability to put our client on the map in a much bigger way than they are today, and drive and execute on the plan.
- Someone who has proven ability to develop key partnerships and execute on them.
- Experience in helping transition a firm into a SAAS company and market it this way.
- Several examples of having successfully lead and carried out the Go-to-Market Software Product Launches
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required; MBA, preferred
- Solid experience with lead generation and digital marketing campaigns
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of internal staff, clients and prospective clients
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Able to plan and execute the product strategy
- Have proven business and market planning skills
- Established a record of driving market adoption
Remuneration & Benefits
Highly competitive compensation package structured to the needs of the successful candidate.