THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is one of Canada's largest independent accounting, business advisory and consulting firms, was named one of Montréal’s Top 15 Employers (2008, 2009 and 2010) by Media Corp. Innovation is the key to the company's approach, combined with the ability to generate results quickly. Creative, results-oriented people are the backbone of the firm. Our client offers a full range of advisory and consulting services, supported by in-depth industry knowledge and national and international experience.
Scope of Position
The continued growth of the company’s risk management consulting services requires the addition of a key resource to support and lead key elements of the practice. Reporting to the partner responsible for the practice, the Principal will be a key contributor/leader of a small yet quickly growing team serving large risk management clients.
Although the firm's mandates are primarily carried out within the province of Quebec, some traveling may be required in Canada and in the United States.
• Develop and deliver proposals providing full strategic and tactical consulting to prime clients, addressing complex issues related to Enterprise/Financial/IT Risk Management, Risk Assessment, Corporate Governance, Compliance and Audit
• Leadership of, and hands-on participation in the execution of multiple client engagements simultaneously
• Accountable for meeting project management and delivery objectives for schedules, billings, profitability and quality
• Develop, grow and maintain strong relationships with senior client personnel
• Manage, train and motivate an engagement team of consultants and auditors (5 or 6 presently); conducting performance evaluations and determining development opportunities
• Manage and perform Financial and IT risk assessments, Financial and IT audits, documentation and evaluation of controls
• Lead and perform IT process reviews, optimization mandates, business needs analysis, etc.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
• Performance metrics will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful candidate.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• Strong understanding of Financial Management and IT processes and controls
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Project
• Professional designation (CISA, CIA)
• Experience with data analysis tools (ACL or IDEA)
• Significant senior level experience and knowledge of Risk Management, Governance and Compliance
• Proven people management skills
• Strong project management expertise
• University degree in accounting
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Remuneration & Benefits
• Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
• Incentive bonus plan
• Full company benefits plan