Commercial/Industrial Manufacturer – VP Sales & Marketing
About the Company
Client is Canada's largest independent wire and cable manufacturer. Company began in 1996 as a start-up and has grown to 180 staff and 3 manufacturing plants operating 24/7 and manufacturing millions of metres of cable monthly for industrial and commercial markets.
The company is proud of their success, however they believe strongly in evolving and growing as a company and therefore they are seeking a Vice President of Sales and Marketing to join their dynamic team and supportive work environment and assist the company with succeeding to the next level and beyond.
Scope of Position:
Reporting to the President and the CEO, the Vice President of Sales and Marketing will be an accomplished leader possessing exceptional skills and experience in sales and management. The successful candidate will lead the sales team and serve as an integral member of the senior management team. Our ideal candidate is a big picture thinker with the ambition and passion to deliver growth.
While the Vice President of Sales and Marketing will be expected to help grow revenues from existing customers, a key objective of the role will be to assist the Company in expanding into new and growing markets.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Maximize current sales and pipeline, expand the breadth of related markets strategic to the company’s success;
- Develop plans and strategies for evangelizing and developing business to achieve the company’s revenue and profit objectives;
- Define and build the Client’s sales infrastructure and selling model to execute the company’s sales plan;
- Develop a close working relationship with the management team to help evolve the sales strategy and customer relationships;
- Implement a successful sales process which will become the primary tool to drive the company revenues and sales effort while keeping management informed of qualified prospects, customers and order status;
- Assist in the corporate budget planning process, specifically in sales forecasting and sales pipeline management and as a member of the leadership team.
- Prepare timely reports and analytical metrics allowing the monitoring and appraisal of sales programs and efforts;
- Identify sales opportunities that will maximize the manufacturing existing capability with a focus on profit margin;
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- University degree preferably in business or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience with at least 5 years in leadership roles in a bottom-line oriented business.
- Experience in the manufacturing and distribution industry.
- Proven track record of revenue growth through direct and channel sales.
- Proven sales, sales management and operational management experience contributing to the success of a similar size business.
- Experience managing an effective sales and marketing team.
- In addition to English, the ability to communicate in French and/or Spanish would be an asset.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment; Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Planning and Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work; Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified; Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks; Develops plans that anticipate obstacles; Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Remuneration & Benefits
Competitive salary and bonus structure commensurate with experience.
If interested, please contact:CATHERINE PAN DIRECTOR RESEARCH GROUP firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 592 4145 EXT 223