Cloud/Managed Services – President/CEO
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is among Canada’s largest and most successful privately-owned strategic IT services companies. With hundreds of staff distributed across multiple offices, the firm boasts over 25 years of uninterrupted profitable growth. The firm’s success has been built on uncompromising service excellence, flexibility, value, and passion for its customers’ success.
Our client’s services are designed specifically for large and mid-tier organizations. The firm’s solution-based services are founded on best-of-breed competencies in managed and cloud services, professional services, technical services and software licencing. Our client’s fast-growing managed virtual hosted and related cloud services anchor some of its most exciting opportunities for continued growth.
Scope of Position
Our client boasts a superb industry-wide national reputation, well-established market positioning, a large and loyal customer base, a clear strategy for continued growth, a motivated team, and a committed ownership. Owning that strategy and driving its execution will be the responsibility of the President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Work with the Board of Directors and members of the senior management team to refine the strategic and operating plans, priorities and options.
- Work with the Board of Directors and members of the senior management team to implement and execute the strategic plan. Activities shall include focusing the company’s new market/technology growth plans, expanding and improving market penetration, enhancing competitive positioning, driving partnering/channel development and overall strategic roadmap.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company to ensure the timely implementation and execution of the business and financial plans.
- Architect the organization ensuring that it has in place the human resources, processes and operational capabilities by which to scale and the corporate culture to outperform.
- Drive the revenue build process with substantive rapid growth the goal. Refine and align the sales organization to those goals. Maintain, improve, create senior level relationships with existing and potential customers and strategic partners.
- Provide ongoing direction, performance management and developmental support to the executive team. Continue to build world-class capabilities. Focus the team to accelerate and drive the growth in revenues, new market development, sector leadership and profitability.
- Ensure operational milestones are met on time, with high quality and that they meet the cost objectives that are established; reporting on a monthly as well as a quarterly basis.
- Create and sustain a viable organizational structure to make optimum use of human resources, technology and systems.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and trends with a view to ensuring that all alliance, acquisition and investment opportunities are considered and the most attractive pursued.
- Lead the expansion of the company business and brand into new markets. Engage with strategic stakeholders in those markets.
- Report regularly and proactively to the board of directors on results and plans going forward.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are among the deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Operational performance
- Financial metrics relevant to the firm such as pipe, MRR, revenues, EBITDA, profit etc.
- Customer satisfaction metrics
- New markets and technologies
The following competencies listed below define the role of President/CEO at Our Client
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Makes an immediate positive impression upon others. Has presence and commands respect. Comes across with force and quickly establishes credibility. Accurately predicts the effects of own words and actions. Makes an immediate positive impression upon others.
Delegates responsibility to match the skill and ability level of team members. Provides others with the scope and resources necessary in order to complete assignments effectively. Creates an environment where individuals have the latitude to use their discretion.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Imagines future possibilities. Thinks broadly and investigates a wide-range of alternatives in developing a vision for the future. Selects the most promising vision from a range of alternatives and communicates this vision to others.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in senior leadership capacity and at least five years in a CEO/President/COO role with specific revenue growth achievements.
- Experience in managed services, ideally delivering IT/Cloud solutions to mid-market customers
- Track record of working with multiple, successful mid-sized companies ($50-300mm) driving accelerated revenue growth over extended periods
- Proven entrepreneurial experience with appropriate financial, market and business acumen in scaling businesses.
- Experience in implementing best practices in operations, quality systems, and engineering
- Significant change management, business transformation experience within mid-sized companies.
- Experience in people management roles with recruitment, selection, hiring, coaching, feedback, employee engagement and performance management.
- Entrepreneurial experience in scaling a company from $200mm + and understanding the issues around transforming business models in established businesses.
- A driving management style which leverages the strengths of the existing team while stretching and motivating them in attaining breakthrough results.
- Track record defined in part by an ability to consistently execute on agreed upon objectives. General management experience overseeing engineering, operations and sales; Strong sales and product management background would be beneficial
- M&A experience
- A highly intelligent, strategically minded executive with superb communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to roll-up his/her sleeves.
- Strong sales and marketing orientation marked by a sense of urgency and a demonstrable track record of accelerating growth.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation package tailored to the successful candidate.