Cloud Base SAAS Software Solutions – VP Software Engineering
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Client is a well-funded Montreal based high-tech software startup that was incubated at TandemLaunch. Since their inception, the company has developed two SaaS product where both products leverage patent-pending technology that provides a real-time AI-based machine vision cloud platform for smart devices.
This robust technology platform uses Cloud AI processing to analyze facial biometrics without streaming video. Client is the only facial biometrics platform that delivers at scale for businesses that require value, flexibility, and performance with no top-end limit of scanned faces.
As Client continues its growth trajectory, the Company is seeking to fill a key leadership role within the Management Team that will enable accelerated roadmap development and continued technical excellence.
The VP of Software Engineering will be responsible for refining a multi-year development plan that delivers the product roadmap developed by the CTO and in alignment with the requirements defined by Client’s lead customers. This candidate needs to appreciate the rigor involved in delivering cutting edge enterprise software and can manage a world-class development team that has a strong work ethic and positive team spirit.
The candidate will have a strong technical background, be willing to lead by example and coach a growing and dynamic team through the various phases of the company’s growth. He/she will have an appreciation for an early stage environment and will creatively work around constraints and unforeseen challenges. Most importantly, he/she will work closely with the team to fight through adversity and deliver world-class solutions in a new and exciting market space.
Coaching and Developing Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees; Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development; Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities; Adjusts coaching style based on each employee's ability and motivation level.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
Planning and Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work; Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified; Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks; Develops plans that anticipate obstacles; Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Gathers and interprets all available sources of information; Willing to make solid and quick decisions when necessary; Can commit to a course of action without delay when faced with limited information.
Your Key Contributions
The successful candidate will bring a demonstrated ability to:
- Lead a diverse team of software developers and research engineers in the field of Real-Time Cloud, Machine Learning and Computer Vision.
- Hire, coach and mentor a growing technical team that is world-class.
- Interface and collaborate with all business functions, from the SW Product Owner to Sales and other support functions to ensure that the feature set requirements are in line with market expectations meant to enhance the customer experience.
- Will prioritize and manage all software development efforts to ensure they are aligned with business objectives, and work with SW Product Owner to develop and maintain a product requirements/feature backlog.
- Define and implement a company-wide design methodology and process that emphasizes best practices in delivering cutting edge SaaS Enterprise Solutions in the field of machine vision.
- Expected to make clear, simple and technically sound design and architectural decisions. This includes clearly and consistently communicating product vision to the software development team and guiding the team’s efforts to achieve this vision.
- Preparing software development estimates and managing the execution of work plans to ensure the delivery of high-quality SaaS products on time.
- Responsible for minimizing schedule and technical risk by foreseeing and addressing obstacles proactively and aggressively.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement within the software development team to consistently improve quality, cycle and deployment time.
- Transition the current development process to industry best practices to improve quality and efficiency while minimizing risks and impact on development results.
- Also, assist with client presentations, demonstrations, and technical meetings.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by the position.
Preferred Experience and Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Must have a University Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or a related field; MS or other relevant graduate degree is a plus.
- 10 plus years of experience as the Head of Software Development team.
- Expansive knowledge and enthusiasm for cloud base SaaS software solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in building and delivering high-quality SaaS Enterprise Software platforms.
- Must be able to demonstrate senior level experience in the architecture, development, release cycle and delivering software products to the enterprise market.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure is a plus.
- Proven success implementing Agile software development methodologies, while establishing and maintaining pragmatic engineering best practices (e.g. code reviews, testing, continuous delivery).
- Understanding of budgets and business planning.
- Have experience working in a startup environment as an early contributor is highly desirable
- Machine learning or computer vision related experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Autonomous and self-driven
- Tenacious and meticulous
- Excellent ability to work, mentor and coach a diverse team in order to achieve optimal performance of the collective group, as well as, helping shape their career paths
- Thrives in a dynamic startup environment
Remuneration & Benefits
Competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance plan, and several other social benefits are offered.
If interested, please contact:CATHERINE PAN DIRECTOR RESEARCH GROUP email@example.com (613) 592 4145 EXT 223