Cleantech Emission Controls - Commercial Director
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the company
Our client is a vertically integrated global manufacturer and distributor of emissions control systems and products, focused on the heavy duty diesel and light duty vehicle markets. Their proprietary technologies provide high-value sustainable solutions to reduce emissions, increase energy efficiency and lower the carbon intensity of on- and off-road engine applications. They offer a full range of products for the OEM, Aftermarket and retrofit market sectors.
Scope of Position
The Commercial Director will manage Business Development, Marketing and Sales activities surrounding a new business initiative for emission control components. Key responsibilities include assessing and prioritizing market growth opportunities, engaging with and developing channel partners, and managing marketing and field sales staff to deliver profitable sales growth.
- Conduct Opportunity Analysis to Validate Business Cases and Commercialization Decisions
- Update Competitor and Value Chain Analyses to support Pricing and Product/Service Positioning
- Identify & Implement Strategies to maintain Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- Develop and Execute appropriate Branding Strategies/Plans
- Coordinate Creating & Updating of Promotional Collateral
- Develop & Execute Joint Marketing Programs with Key Customers & Channel Partners
- Develop & Execute Sales Budgets and Annual Operating Plans
- Recruit, Develop & Lead Field Sales and Product Management Staff
- Participate in and Champion a Robust Sales & Operational Planning Process
The following competencies listed below define the role of Commercial Director –
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long-term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Planning & Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work. Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified. Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks. Develops plans that anticipate obstacles. Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or Business; MBA Preferred
- 5-10 Years Commercial Experience in HDD Automotive, preferably in OEM or Aftermarket major Engine & Exhaust Components
- 3-5 Years in Managerial/Supervisory Roles
- Substantial Market Research, Business & Sales Development Experience
- Track History of Recruiting/Developing High Performance Teams
- Track History of Delivering Outstanding Customer Service
- Demonstrated Skills and Experience in Developing/Executing Project Plans and Budgets
- Demonstrated Financial Acumen, especially in Value Pricing and Sales Mix/Profitability Optimization
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Remuneration & Benefits
- Excellent, highly competitive base plus variable compensation package.