Chief Revenue Officer (CRO)
About the Company
Our client, a Canadian healthcare technology pioneer, has developed a platform that addresses key workforce issues for mid and large enterprise clients. Our client’s mission is to deliver the highest impact to its customers with transformative solutions built on innovative technologies, deep domain knowledge and outstanding service. The firm is widely recognized for the robustness of its technologies, ease of use, flexibility and profound impact on client businesses.
Among the fastest-growing firms in its field, our client already boasts a roster of brand-named global customers. The firm is led by highly passionate entrepreneurs who have built a talented team and a much-admired culture of excellence. Our client boasts a blue-chip group of investors, committed to the long-term success of the firm.
Scope of Position
Armed with differentiated market offerings, marquee accounts, and large addressable markets, our client is experiencing explosive growth. Driving, guiding and managing that growth will be the responsibility of the newly created Chief Revenue Officer (CRO).
Reporting directly to the CEO, the CRO will assume ownership of the entire customer relationship. Aligning and leading all go-to-market activities across Sales, Marketing, Partnerships and Customer Success will be the responsibility of the CRO and scalability will be key to the role’s success.
- Lead, define and inspire the sales, marketing, partnership and customer success teams.
- Create and communicate the company value proposition, maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels to predictably meet and exceed established revenue targets.
- Recruit, train and retain top tier talent and institute processes that enable predictable, repeatable and scalable market expansion; promote and build a performance-driven, disciplined revenue culture focused on clients, their success, quality partnerships and growth.
- Develop, validate and optimize the overall revenue processes to ensure accuracy, promote awareness of potential changes, and build a level of scalability for all routes to market.
- Establish both short-term results and long-term revenue forecasting and pricing strategies to meet profitability targets.
- Play a major role in identifying and launching partnership strategies with the goal to create new channel and business development opportunities. Maintain, build and strengthen all existing partner relationships.
- Spearhead all marketing efforts to enhance and maximize the company’s brand awareness while growing lead generation with targeted marketing campaigns and content development. Drive marketing leadership to create and execute winning marketing strategies to drive profitable growth.
- Propel sales leadership to develop and implement revenue driving strategies which create long-term customer and business value. Manage and enforce the consistent use of a data-driven, defined sales process and a disciplined pipeline and forecast review methodology.
- Inspire customer success leadership to define and deliver on the customer value proposition, without sacrificing firm profitability targets. Assess and improve current approaches to:
- Onboarding: Ensure every new customer is quickly and efficiently educated and launched with the company’s offering to ensure long term success;
- Best Practice Adoption/Sharing: Manage each customer to share best practices, ensure they stay focused and engaged to increase adoption across the enterprise and reduce churn;
- Support: Resolve all customer problems quickly and efficiently before such problems escalate.
- Develop and communicate the company’s thought leadership and awareness in the industry, including building relationships with industry influencers.
- Remain abreast of competitive offerings, best practices, pricing and distribution strategies. Make recommendations to ensure positioning of existing technologies and offerings are optimized.
- Serve as a key member of the executive team; leveraging expertise to define the business priorities and generate scalable and sustainable revenue; actively participate in strategic planning to develop reasonable and thorough revenue projections for annual budgets and multi-year projections.
- Collaborate with the VP R&D and Engineering teams to ensure consistent execution of product plans that result in on time delivery and performance.
The following competencies listed below define the role of the Chief Revenue Officer.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs; Quickly follows up on customer/client contracts and complaints; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Industry & market awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them; Aware of competitor’s products, services, and position.Preferred Experience / Education
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner; Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience; Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support; Balances personal goals with those of the team; Fosters collaboration among team members.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Gathers and interprets all available sources of information; Willing to make solid and quick decisions when necessary; Can commit to a course of action without delay when faced with limited information.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- A leader of leaders with a proven track record of shepherding sales, marketing, partnerships and CS functions towards a unified strategy and revenue goal.
- 15+ years building and leading high-performing revenue organizations focused on driving consistent, aggressive revenue growth.
- A driving management style that leverages the strengths of the team while stretching and motivating them in attaining breakthrough results.
- Proven track record of success selling mid-market and large enterprise solutions to senior leaders. Demonstrable experience earning the trust, respect and confidence of the appropriate customer community.
- Experience defining and successfully executing multi-channel marketing and lead generation programs, while creating and negotiating value-enhancing strategic partnerships.
- Analytical by nature and a data-driven approach to establishing effective pricing strategies combined with an ability to leverage company financials to adjust strategy as required.
- A strategic thinker with an exceptional track record in fast-growing, entrepreneurial environments, you have a clear vision of what the customer experience should be and can rally teams around it.
- A team player with a ‘bias for action’ and a proactive, ‘own it, solve it’ mindset who can navigate through complex situations with limited information. Competitive by nature with a burning desire to win.
- Proven track record of success working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, the successful candidate brings experience selling a ‘disruptive/challenger solution’ ideally in healthcare or technology.
- An effective communicator with a strong command of English and French, spoken and written.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary, variable and stock plan
If interested, please contact
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233
StoneWood Group, Toronto
Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 229