THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client provides a comprehensive suite of practice enhancing products and services to increase physician productivity and revenue while reducing costs and improving patient care. The Company’s portfolio includes billing and scheduling software, electronic medical records software and other services. Our client’s services and software are used by over 8,000 full-time physicians who are responsible for the health care of more than seven million Canadians.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer shall be responsible for defining and integrating all day to day operations, allowing the CEO to focus on strategic issues. Working proactively to provide strong leadership to the organization, the CFO shall establish policies and practices and implement processes that will help the organization scale to the next level and thus meet or exceed its business and operational objectives.
In addition, the successful candidate shall act as the financial steward of the company, providing both strategic and tactical oversight to ensure long-term financial stability of the company.
The successful candidate will bring the necessary skills, sensitivity, personal confidence and integrity to garner the respect of staff and credibility with the senior management team.
• Work with members of the senior management team and Board of Directors to review and refine the strategic and operating plan aimed at committing the organization to driving revenues, profits and continued market leadership. Along with other senior managers define and execute the product roadmap.
• Provide on-going direction, performance management and developmental support to the executive team. Add management as required to build world class capabilities.
• Direct the development of operational policy, procedures and practices as they pertain to customer service, quality control, product development and project management.
• Provide leadership, mentoring and oversight to the service delivery, customer support teams, communicating strategy, deliverables and goals. Design the approach for core service offerings and provide process over-site.
• Drive and lead all business and financial planning processes and ensuring operational milestones are met on a timely and quality basis achieving established cost objectives.
• Provide financial guidance and counsel on all matters relating to the finance function including financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
• Provide hands-on leadership, guidance, mentorship and performance management to the finance staff in the organization.
• Oversee and manage the accounting, tax, insurance, budget, credit and treasury and capital structure functions ensuring that the interests of all stakeholders are served.
• Act as the interface to both the board and all external stakeholders with respect to all financial matters, including all fundraising activities.
• Create infrastructure and design processes that encourage and support product innovation, customer service, knowledge sharing and best practice development.
• Be a hands-on leader who can foster a culture of team spirit and mutual respect while mentoring and developing key personnel.
• Galvanize a disparate and diverse group of contributors around common causes and to create shared passion for the organization, its values and its offerings.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
• In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
• Meet or exceed annual business plan goals.
• Accessing necessary growth capital to capture market opportunity.
• Judicious implementation/introduction of business processes, systems and human capital to ensure company can scale.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Chief Financial Officer:
Establishes and communicates clear priorities and sense of direction. Clarifies roles and responsibilities. Adapts management style to achieve optimum results.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles. Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment. Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Gathers and interprets all available sources of information. Willing to make solid and quick decisions when necessary. Can commit to a course of action without delay when faced with limited information.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Articulates the key points of an argument persuasively. Negotiates skillfully and convinces others to own point of view. Directly and indirectly impacts the decisions/opinions of others. Mobilizes people into action.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• A proven track record with scaling founder-led, dynamic and growth-oriented organizations.
• Experience in implementing best practices in operations, quality systems, and engineering in an environment where customer satisfaction is the predominant theme.
• A track record of success distinguished by having cultivated positive working relationships with staff, peers and superiors.
• Preference will be given to individuals that have experience working in public software companies which sell products or services to the healthcare vertical.
• A background with M&A transactions and fundraising is strongly preferred as is a background in financial planning, budgeting and reporting.
• Minimally a post secondary education and preferably an MBA will be sought.
Remuneration & Benefits
• Competitive base salary, bonus and equity.