Camera & Machine Vision – Country Manager, Toronto/Ottawa
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a Swiss Pioneer and leader in CMOS technology, engineering and customizing highly sophisticated individual and adaptable quality camera and sensor platforms. To their OEM customers, they are a trusted engineering partner, collaborating closely to develop tailored solutions, enabling them to enhance the performance and reliability of their applications.
Based on the recent success in the US market and recognizing that competitors have established successful business in Canada, our client is launching a Canadian operation. This greenfield opportunity should relate to the successful candidate that thrives on change, is comfortable working autonomously and prepared to own the business.
Scope of Position
Reporting directly to CEO, the Country Manager is responsible for the sales of Company’s Products, Camera Accessories and further products from third parties for all of Canada. This bag carrying executive is responsible for the entire sales, marketing and support strategy and execution for Canada. This includes acquiring new customers, organizing customer meetings, creating quotations, organizing the direct distribution to customers and securing the support of the customers from the Canadian based headquarters often requiring travel to the customers facility. The Country Manager is also responsible for establishing relationships with OEM’s, System Integrators and end customers. The Country Manager, with the guidance from the Company’s Executive, will be expected to develop the Canadian sales strategy leveraging their previous experience and knowledge, resulting in a successful Canadian operation.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Country Manager:
Planning and Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work; Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified; Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks; Develops plans that anticipate obstacles; Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts; Divides problems into their individual elements; Develops several explanations or alternatives; Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Listen and understands customer/client needs and conveys then back to the organization to take appropriate action; Quickly follows up on customer/client concerns and deals with them in a professional and efficient manner; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
The successful candidate will bring a demonstrated ability to:
- Direct sales of the Company’s products such as Cameras, Camera Accessories as well as products of third parties in Canada.
- Effective management of existing customer accounts as well as the generation of new accounts through active prospecting, lead follow-up and direct sales of Company’s products.
- Visits as required customer sites, give sales presentations, performs product demonstrations, installs products and train customers on the correct use of the products.
- Interacts directly with the customer as well as internal positions and suppliers.
- Create all contract components clearly articulating customer specific needs regarding delivery, managing project phases and after sales support.
- Continuous development of the customer network is expected with a close eye on the profit and loss of the business.
- Design, develop and support marketing activities such as tradeshows, website, promotional material, lead generation, mailings and other PR activities and promotional materials.
- Writing of technical reports.
- Define a lead generation process, supported by a CRM tool that results in a sales opportunity and closing business.
- All sales/revenue for the assigned market area in compliance with the margin guidelines.
- The preferred candidate will possess a B.S. degree in mechanical or chemical engineering, physics or a similar technical field.
- Five to seven years’ experience in Technical Sales and has built a sales organization from the ground up.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent negotiating, assessment and analytical abilities.
- Proficient with Nielsen Market Track, Homescan, Channelwatch and Customer POS Data.
- The successful candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills and must be capable of communicating well with Ph.D. level scientists and QC technicians.
- The ability to work independently and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction are essential for success.
- Knowledge of the theoretical and practical application of engineering, science and technology are a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Exceptional customer service skills in English are crucial.
Renumberation and Benefits
- Our client offers a unique and rewarding position within an innovative and rapidly expanding company. We offer a highly competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and an opportunity for professional growth within the organization.