Avionics – Vice President Sales – Canada
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a specialized supplier of hardware and software for aircraft flight following and communications. Using the Iridium satellite constellation, the company provides complete global capabilities for:
Two-way voice communication between the aircraft and the ground
Two-way text messaging between the aircraft and the ground
Flight-following using GPS-based position reporting
Aircraft tracking and mapping
Analysis and reporting of flight following data to help customers manage and streamline their businesses
Capture and transmission of data from other sources (e.g. engine condition monitoring data)
Founded by experienced aviators in 1986, our client brings more than 20 years of experience to the SatCom marketplace. From the beginning, the company has been a leader in the commercialization and evolution of satellite-based flight following and communication technology.
Scope of Position
Driving the company’s growth strategy as well as its day-to-day sales activities will be the responsibility of the Vice President Sales (VP Sales).
The VP Sales will be responsible for sales development and play a leadership role in the Company. S/he will continually develop and build a high performance sales team, play an active role developing and managing key account relationships, and assume responsibility for select accounts. Taking direction from and reporting to the President, the VP Sales will formulate and then execute the sales plan while creating energetic and positive relationships with the company's customers, sales team, head office, engineering and manufacturing teams and other key stakeholders.
- Assess, build, structure and sustain a competent, motivated sales team environment, and ensure each sales professional is held fully accountable to meeting pre-agreed sales objectives.
- Lead by example, establish a sales culture that that is nimble, responsive, and goal driven; fosters respectful open communication, planning and information sharing, coordinated efforts, and common goals with other departments; and, instills personal development and growth.
- Where appropriate, expand, develop and manage relationships with key accounts and distributors; recommend means to enhance channel performance.
- Compare results against budgets and plans, make necessary changes when required, and communicate status to all necessary parties.
- Support the President in refining a vision for the business as well as the strategic direction, including assessment of the company's existing market opportunities and competitive positioning and solutions to streamline and determine the appropriate strategic roadmap.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
- Meet or exceed annual sales plan goals for hardware and services.
- Judicious implementation/introduction of sales processes, systems and develop and upgrade the sales team to ensure the company can scale and maintain growth.
The following competencies listed below define the role of Vice President Sales
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments. Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally. Shows consistency among principles.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met. Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure. Aims to improve upon past performance. Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Encourages others by creating enthusiasm, a feeling of investment and a desire to excel. Inspires a healthy attitude to work by recognizing positive contributions.
Developing & Coaching Others
Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of employees. Challenges others to improve their abilities and actively supports their development. Continually provides timely and constructive feedback, coaching and challenging learning opportunities. Adjusts coaching style based on each employee's ability and motivation level.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision. Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances. Takes a long-term view of organizational success. Works to clarify long term organizational goals. Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service. Anticipates customers'/clients' needs. Quickly follows up on customer/client contacts and complaints. Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them. Aware of competitor's products, services and position.
Proactive. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them immediately. Takes responsibility for own actions and addresses problems before asked.
Expresses ideas in a clear, fluent and concise manner. Written and oral arguments are compelling and responsive to the needs of the audience. Comprehends communications from others and responds appropriately.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support. Balances personal goals with those of the team. Fosters collaboration among team members.
Adopts an energetic approach. Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks. Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Preponderance of B2B sales career in the aerospace industry; most recently in a senior sales role selling end-to-end solutions to rotary and fixed wing aircraft companies and OEMs in North America.
- Demonstrated fast-track career sales management progression with consistent top-tier sales results.
- Previous sales exposure with a Tier 1 company/industry considered to have sophisticated sales training and management disciplines.
- Successfully developed and executed a profitable sales strategic plan for a rapidly growing business with multiple-product lines and hardware-software product solutions.
- Successful transition from a corporate to entrepreneurial environment; proven ability to upgrade a sales team including raising the level of sophistication and professionalism, through development and recruitment, and creating and mentoring a sales culture of superior performers that embraces a state of continual improvement.
- Consistent track-record leveraging existing networks and identifying, securing and managing new accounts.
- Undergraduate degree. Formal sales training.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive base and variable compensation package