Artificial Intelligence – Capital Markets
About the Company
The market opportunity for Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies is difficult to overstate. From automating repetitive learning and discovery through data, to adding intelligence to existing products, to analyzing more and deeper data using neural networks with incredible accuracy, to breakthrough innovation, AI holds breathtaking promise. In fact, experts predict the ubiquitous use of AI within five years with global revenues for enterprise applications alone expected to grow from $1.62B in 2018 to $31.2B in 2025.
Our client is already a global leader in the explosive field of AI. Their innovative solutions solve complex problems, address critical issues and stimulate disruptive breakthroughs, transforming in the process how industries operate and societies interact. Our client’s mission is to deliver the highest value to its customers with unparalleled industry solutions built on innovative patented technologies, deep technical knowledge and feature-rich applications. The firm is widely recognized for the robustness of its technologies, ease of use, flexibility and profound impact on client businesses.
Our client has a global footprint and boasts blue-chip investor backing.
Scope of Position
Our client seeks to bring on an individual who will lead a highly technical, motivated and passionate team of AI professionals and software engineers to develop a range of transformative products and solutions for the financial services/capital markets industry. Working with key stakeholders across the organization as well as external stakeholders, the successful candidate will bring their deep knowledge and expertise in AI to push the bounds of what’s possible to improve performance across various segments of the capital markets industry.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on high impact research that will shape the future of capital markets activity and, as a thought leader, stimulate industry discussion and debate.
- Provide leadership in developing and planning strategic and quantitative analysis to achieve the organization’s mission and goals.
- Implement specific strategies to develop and lead a team of experts in capital markets, quantitative analysis, and data science.
- Ability to work with large datasets to develop scalable industry solutions through the use of neural network, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other AI methodologies and techniques.
- Provide expert counsel and thought leadership both internally and externally as a representative of the organization.
- Participate in the overall management and strategic direction of the organization.
- Foster a collaborative ‘can-do’ mindset and culture that seeks out creative and innovative solutions for the most challenging real-world problems facing the financial services industry in general and portfolio management industry more specifically.
- Maintain keen awareness of the trends and conditions in technology, products and development tools relative to the needs of the company's customers and businesses.
- Provide mentorship to ensure that all team members feel valued and are encouraged to contribute to the best of their capabilities. Embrace a collaborative team environment where code is shared and available for peer-review.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables
- PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Math, or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience developing quantitative systematic trading strategies.
- A background in the latest AI technologies with a proven ability to manage a team of highly technical individuals in the areas of AI, ML data science and related fields.
- Strong working knowledge of the functioning of the capital markets and securities industry, including a deep understanding of trading systems, practices, and market activities.
- Preference will be given to individuals with buy-side portfolio management experience.
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience working in highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, fast-paced and innovative environments.
- An ability and willingness to ‘roll-up the sleeves’ and get in the trenches as needed to show the way with scientific programming and product architecture.
- The successful candidate will have superior communication and people management skills with a proven ability to motivate and mentor teams, instill accountability and go beyond agreed upon outcomes.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and equity package structured for the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:Sal Rocco Partner StoneWood Group, Toronto Bus: 416-500.7100 Email: email@example.com