AGTECH - CEO
About the company
Located in Montreal, Quebec, a global hub for artificial intelligence talent, our client is revolutionizing the commercial greenhouse and indoor farming industry. Through cutting-edge AI solutions, our client delivers actionable, data-driven insights that allow greenhouse operators to improve profits by dramatically improving crop yield.
Scope of Position
Founded by a young, passionate and talented team with deep technical and market knowledge our client now seeks a CEO with a proven track record who will be tasked with capitalizing on the significant global market opportunity by refining the company’s strategic path forward.
This is an outstanding opportunity that features:
• Strong industry and company growth
• A large market opportunity
• Committed financial backers
• A highly entrepreneurial culture
• An opportunity to be at the center of a true revolution in agriculture
As a visionary and hands-on CEO, the leader will have the chance to continue to foster the company’s strategy and culture by:
- Contributing to the development and execution of the product roadmap; developing a market strategy and market positioning.
- Building on existing developed AI yield prediction tools and products, setting direction by validating key markets and verticals and assessing development priorities for R&D investments.
- Leading team members by focusing on tactical short-and-medium term goals and objectives to achieve results.
- Demonstrating strong leadership, management and development of a small team of highly committed employees as well as creating a collaborative work environment.
- Meeting with key accounts and distribution partners to establish key drivers to leverage existing client base and network to drive sales and execution.o Fostering on-going relationships with key-accounts and identify, establishing and negotiating strategic partnerships as well as ongoing support on existing partnerships.
- Leading Series A fundraising efforts.
- Reporting and communicating the company’s strategy and providing key progress to the board of directors.
Key Performance Deliverables
• Number of clients on monthly revenue contracts by early 2020
• Actual MRR rate by early 2020
• AI algorithms for diverse crops and multi week yield forecast accomplished or launched
• Team cohesiveness
• Quality of presentations to board, potential investors, marketing/sales material
• Extent of distribution network around the world
• Number of academia/industry R&D experts under co-development projects
The competencies listed below define the role of CEO:
Planning and Objective Setting
Systematic in approach to work; Produces action plans in which objectives are defined and steps for achieving them are clearly specified; Plans by breaking down large task into subtasks; Develops plans that anticipate obstacles; Is realistic about time-scales and builds in appropriate checkpoints, milestones, and controls in order to ensure that desired results are realized.
Expresses and conveys confidence in own ability to complete tasks successfully; Displays personal resolve in the face of opposition; Seeks challenges and independence.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Imagines future possibilities; Thinks broadly and investigates a wide-range of alternatives in developing a vision for the future; Selects the most promising vision from a range of alternatives and communicates this vision to others.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits added-value and return on investment; Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization’s total expenses and revenues.
Strives to provide customers/clients with personalized and efficient service; Anticipates customers’/clients’ needs; Quickly follows up on customer/client contracts and complaints; Monitors and acts on measures of customer/client satisfaction.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve them.
Helps to create a sense of team spirit and harmonious relations through cooperation and support; Balances personal goals with those of the team; Fosters collaboration among team members.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following describes industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering Science, Business or similar.
• Senior management experience scaling a growth-oriented technology start-up.
• Proven track-record of managing a P&L combined with managing multiple value creation projects that drive agreed upon outcomes.
• Track-record of successfully raising equity capital, is strongly desired.
• Strong intellectual curiosity, and an ability to synthesize large amounts of technical information.
• Knowledge of or prior experience with AgTech and/or data driven solutions preferred; an understanding of the key dynamics of greenhouse farming would be ideal.
• Proven ability to create a vision and drive technology solutions that address market needs.
• Ability to build a team/grow an organization.
Remuneration & Benefits
- A competitive base, variable and equity compensation package to the successful candidate.
If interested, please contact:
|Sal Rocco StoneWood Group, Toronto Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 233 firstname.lastname@example.org||Marwan Elghamry StoneWood Group, Toronto Bus: 416-365-9494 Ext. 229 email@example.com|