Aerospace Sector – VP Defence & Aftermarket Business Unit, Ottawa
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
Client is recognized worldwide for its innovative solutions for improving the effectiveness of operating and maintaining critical equipment. For over 35 years our solutions have been used in Defense, Aerospace, Energy and Marine applications to optimize the availability, readiness, maintenance, performance and safety of complex rotating equipment. Client’s solutions support some of the world’s most advanced equipment including the F-22, Eurofighter, and F-35 fighter aircraft; Bombardier C-Series and Airbus A320-Neo commercial aircraft, CH-146 Griffon, CH-147 Chinook and CH-149 Cormorant helicopters, GE LM2500 gas turbines and the world’s largest cruise ships and wind turbines.
Client is a technology-based company that specializes in the development and implementation of advanced machinery maintenance, monitoring and control solutions for industrial, marine, and aeronautical applications. The company was founded in 1979 and has grown steadily to a present staff level of over 135 employees. The corporate headquarters are located in Ottawa, Canada with regional and affiliate offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia, St. John’s, Newfoundland, and Huntsville, Alabama along with a global network of strategic alliances.
Client’s products and services add value throughout the life cycle of complex rotating equipment from the design stage through to in-service operations and support. We design, manufacture and support advanced equipment fluid sensing and analysis products including on-line, full-flow oil debris sensors and at-line oil analysis systems. Based on our core competencies of machinery analysis, modeling and simulation, software engineering, condition monitoring, and repair and overhaul, the company also provides a range of specialized technical and engineering services to assist in the design, development and in-service support of machinery control, monitoring and maintenance systems.
Scope of Position
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial nature with a track record of success in the defence market and in technical solution business development along with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills. The VP will serve as the Business Unit leader and a member of the Corporation's executive leadership team, participating in key activities and decisions pertaining to corporate strategy, planning, management and operational execution.
The Business Unit VP is responsible for creating, leading and motivating a team to identify and close sales and to position the company for increased future sales in Canadian and International Defence and aerospace aftermarket market segments. The VP holds P&L responsibility for the business unit and is responsible for all aspects of delivery of products and services to generate revenues and to identify current and future market needs. The VP leads product/service managers to build product/service management strategies to progress the company’s equipment condition management and MRO initiatives.
Adopts an energetic approach; Works towards goals and willingly tackles demanding tasks; Demonstrates capacity for sustained effort and hard work over long periods of time, even in the face of adversity.
Industry & Market Awareness
Seeks to anticipate and respond to industry and market changes/challenges by understanding key characteristics, issues and the factors driving them; Aware of competitor's products, services and position; Is rigorous in researching data related to target markets.
Develops a strategic plan to realize the vision; Revises strategy in light of changing circumstances; Takes a long-term view of organizational success; Works to clarify long term organizational goals; Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
The successful candidate will bring a demonstrated ability to:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Canadian and International Defence and aerospace industry.
- Develop and execute annual and long-range business plans for the business unit.
- Identify new business opportunities and engage all departments of Client’s to capture identified opportunities.
- Manage business unit related marketing, sales and product management teams and activities.
- Develop and manage corporate partnerships with key equipment OEMs and Tier 1 support providers.
- Build strong, productive relationships with key influencers, champions and decision makers in customer organizations in order to ensure Client becomes a trusted technology solution supplier.
- Build a base of opportunities to pursue, shape, bid, win and execute. Prepare and maintain monthly sales forecast, annual strategic plan and ad hoc status reports detailing progress, setbacks, competitive intelligence and requests for action as necessary.
- Attend and represent Client at important industry events and customer engagement opportunities to progress the capture of market share and customer mindshare supporting the growth of Client’s business.
- Participate and input to Product and Technology roadmap strategy development to help achieve strong alignment with customer requirements, program milestones and funding availability. Provide advice on neutralizing competitor technical strengths and advantages.
- Manage Dartmouth, Nova Scotia operations including 20 employees and 35,000 sq. ft of shop space.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
- Engineering degree is preferred but not a requirement.
- Expertise in the Canadian and International Defence and aerospace aftermarket market segments.
- Experienced with government procurement.
- Senior management experience in sales and/or business development role – capture strategy and management, planning and forecasting.
- Current network of business contacts with DND, OEM and Tier 1 support providers would be considered an asset.
- Comfortable and confident dealing with senior level decision makers
- High level of intelligence, initiative and energy
- Strong team player
- Superior verbal, written and presentation communication skills in English; additional language fluency is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- Eligible for required security clearances
Remuneration and Benefits
- Base salary with variable along with a comprehensive benefits package.
If interested, please contact:CATHERINE PAN DIRECTOR RESEARCH GROUP email@example.com (613) 592 4145 EXT 223