Aerospace - Chief Operating Officer
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
Our client is a Canadian leading edge technology company focused on providing Aerospace Solutions - both hardware and software platforms - to assist aviation operators worldwide. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada our client has developed a world class, in-flight safety monitoring system featuring in-flight data monitoring and diagnostics with a real-time, secure connection between aircraft and ground, made possible through current technology and satellite transmission.
Scope of Position
Reporting to CEO, the Chief Operating Officer holds shared responsibility for the overall growth, profitability and strategic objectives of the Corporation. The incumbent will help set the yearly business and profit objectives, and drive their execution. The COO will endeavour to establish a corporate culture which is supportive yet stretches the organization to new levels in developing quality products, delivering services, providing operational excellence and financial prudence. Keys for success in this role will be the continued pursuit of profitable revenue growth in the efficient management of operations, while helping to identify and capture new business which can profitably enhance the revenue streams and core capabilities of the organization.
The COO will work with CEO and BoD to develop strategic business plan and financial objectives that will enable company to achieve accelerated levels of growth and profitability. Play a “hands on” role in all day to day operations, by effectively working with key management team members.
• Help create infrastructure and design processes that encourage and support product innovation, customer support, knowledge sharing and best practices development.
• Regularly meet with management team to ensure their business objectives and financial targets are being met. Report financial status to CEO and board as required.
• Ensure the company remains compliant with all appropriate regulatory and quality standards
• Develop and provide up-to-date information on the Company's key performance indicators and maintain strong working relationships with new and current customers.
• Develop strategies with the CEO, to assist the business in achieving and surpassing sales, profitability, cash flow requirements, business goals and objectives.
• Establish credibility with the BoD and throughout the organization. Be an effective communicator and developer of solutions to resolve business challenges.
• Provide guidance and leadership to management and ensure that the corporate mission and core values are upheld.
• Foster a growth oriented and accountable environment.
• Work with managers and department heads to review, refine and re-develop (if necessary) the strategic and operating plan aimed at committing the organization to reducing costs, driving revenues and profits, and achieving market leadership.
Key Performance Deliverables
In light of the identified responsibilities, the following are specific deliverables that the position is designed to achieve.
• Upon completing an initial three month period of due diligence at the corporation, the Board, CEO and the COO will mutually establish the specific metrics by which his/her performance will be measured.
• The COO will work closely with CEO and BoD to help establish a proactive business operations plan to be implemented with the first 6 months.
• The COO will work withy the CEO to develop and operations budget and monthly departmental reporting strategy with the first 3months.
• Initiate continuous improvement in all areas of the business including; product development and quality, service delivery, customer satisfaction, business capture plans, cost controls, accurate and timely reporting and forecasting.
Preferred Experience / Education
The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• The following indicates specific industry, academic and functional experience/qualifications that are important to the successful achievement of the identified responsibilities and performance deliverables.
• A well-organized and driven individual with a passion for growing the business beyond investor expectations.
• An intelligent and articulate individual who relates well to people at all levels of an organization, and can adapt his/her style to achieve positive results.
• The ability to read, analyze and interpret legal documents, financial reports and complex sales agreements and/or business documents. The ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries, complaints and discussions.
• An experienced dynamic senior executive with appropriate aerospace/ airline industry experience in on board avionics systems, maintenance and safety systems in the rotary and fixed wing, emergency and defense market sectors.
• A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective regarding preventative airline maintenance and MRO service trends and practices. An executive who is also well versed with both the commercial and defense markets segments.
• P.Eng and /or, MBA, CA or equivalent; with fifteen to 20 years related aerospace experience gained through progressive executive roles in growing global aerospace systems services, on board avionics systems, satellite communications systems etc.
• Experience working with public boards, investors and shareholders is ideal, as is previous experience with scaling small business for growth and profitability.
Remuneration & Benefits
• TBD. Compensation for this position will be structured to attract and retain the best possible candidate.