Hospital – Director Business Solutions
THIS SEARCH WAS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED.
About the Company
One of Canada’s largest teaching and research hospitals, Client is a multi-campus academic health sciences centre serving the 1.2 million residents of Ottawa and Eastern Ontario, in both English and French. Working together with its research institute, the University of Ottawa, and other partners, the hospital is continually gaining national and international recognition for high-quality patient care, teaching and research.
Client has recently been recognized as one of Canada’s Top Ten corporate cultures in the public sector, is on the Forbes list of best employers, and has been recognized as a top employer in the National Capital region for the last two years.
Client is seeking a dynamic leader to join its team in an exciting opportunity to serve as the Director, Business Solutions. The successful candidate will guide and advance the organization’s business systems enterprise footprint to meet the ever changing and complex business needs in support of our goal to become a top 10 percent performer in quality and patient safety in North America.
Scope of Position:
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer, the Director of Business Solutions will be responsible for a complex portfolio, leading a team that supports 19 locations associated with the Client, representing over 15,000 users. The successful candidate will possess the ability to apply business transformation and successful change management while maximizing return on investment.
This position requires an individual with a patient and pragmatic approach to dealing with major of the Client’s business units, including Finance, Human Resources and Support Services. In addition to business mandates, the ideal candidate will also possess the technical knowledge to understand existing IT hardware and software infrastructure and the ability to implement upgrades and changes to these systems.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work autonomously while maintaining the confidence to be an independent thinker, adjust when required, and forecast upcoming and required developments and modifications to benefit the organization.
Draws parallels across situations and contexts; Divides problems into their individual elements; Develops several explanations or alternatives; Separates the core of a problem from its symptoms and can identify cause and effect.
Recognizes when change is necessary; Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives; Acts as a catalyst to change and stimulates others to change; Develops an effective action plan to implement change and monitors results.
Focuses strongly on achieving agreed upon outcomes and ensures that key objectives are met; Has a reputation for execution and delivery; Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; Aims to improve upon past performance; Establishes aggressive personal targets and strives to achieve/exceed them.
Applies appropriate commercial and financial principles; Understands situations in terms of costs, profits, added-value and return on investment; Appreciates the commercial impact of own work on the organization's total expenses and revenues.
Integrity & Sincerity
Inspires trust and supports others through own authenticity and following up on commitments; Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally; Shows consistency among principles.
Preferred Experience and Education
- University degree in business administration, finance or computer science and a minimum of 12 years of relevant work experience, including at least 5 years in a leadership position;
- Solid business background with a minimum of ten (10) years managing business solutions, enterprise back office information systems and large-scale project implementations in an enterprise business systems environment;
- Superior knowledge of Financials, Supply Chain, Service, Workforce, Payroll and Recruitment applications and the associated business processes;
- Significant experience architecting and implementing Oracle application solutions to address the enterprise wide current and future business needs of the organization;
- Experience developing strategic plans linking technology initiatives with strategic organizational goals driving financial, human resource, administrative and support services functions;
- Experience developing, preparing and managing information services operational and capital budgets at both the organization and project level;
- Experience establishing and communicating direction to a team of information services professionals providing support services to the organization and the ability to plan, organize, control and lead multiple information systems business projects, in a complex and changing environment;
- Experience collaborating with departmental and senior leadership to effectively understand, interpret, design and present practical business solutions to address complex business needs
- Experience negotiating and managing contracts for application licensing, subscriptions and implementation services
- Hands on exposure and past experiences with large scale ERP and HCM systems, preference Oracle eBusiness Suite / Peoplesoft.HCM;
- Significant experience and knowledge of system development lifecycle (SDLC) and application implementation methodologies (AIM, OUM);
- Experience within healthcare would be an asset;
- Experience working within broader public-sector guidelines would be an asset;
- Proficiency in French is considered an asset
Remuneration and Benefits
- Competitive base salary + Comprehensive benefits plan including extended health, dental, life insurance and long-term disability
- Pension Plan (HOOPP) which is one of the largest and most respected defined benefit (DB) pension plans in Canada
If interested, please contact:CATHERINE PAN DIRECTOR RESEARCH GROUP email@example.com (613) 592 4145 EXT 223